“Authentic Puerto Rican food with friendly service.”

Restaurante La Tasca De Yiyo
Ranked #417 of 1,061 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Family friendly restaurant in convenient location in Condado area. We wanted authentic Puerto Rican food and it was delicious!! Portions were large and prices reasonable.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Tasca de Yiyo was around the corner from the condo we rented in San Juan. The owner of the condo told us about it and Bebo's, saying the food was similar but Tasca de Yiyo's was much better. After trying both (I'll review Bebo's separately) I definitely agree. The atmosphere at Tasca de Yiyo was nothing special. The restaurant wasn't very crowded when we were there, but everyone else there was clearly a local. I thought it was very similar in style to a basic Tex-Mex restaurant in the States. (I'm going to go off on a tangent here and ask WHAT IS UP with Puerto Rican restaurants and their television sets?? Almost every restaurant we visited in our five days in PR was playing a movie or news show at full blast. No one even seemed to be paying attention! While we ate at Tasca de Yiyo, what appeared to be a Spanish news talk show was on. It must have been talking about violent crime, because we saw repeated shots of a severed head. Nice!!) The waiter spoke very little English, but the menu is in English and Spanish and we didn't have much trouble asking for what we wanted. Between the four of us, we had steak, fish, chicken, avocado salad, plantains, and beans and rice. All of it was hearty and delicious. My husband and I had a few ice-cold Medallas with our meals. At the end, we all shared a very rich chocolate cake and a flan-like dessert, also delicious. Despite the obnoxious TV, we thought this was one of the better meals we had while in PR.

1  Thank Decatur_mom
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We walked to La Tasca from our hotel, the Acacia Seaside Inn and could not have been happier. We heard about Bebo's Cafe and walked there first. There was a long wait to be seated and it was very noisy. We walked the other way and found "La Tasca", quiet and unobtrusive. It seemed like just what we were looking for. We could not have been more pleased. The service was wonderful, the atmosphere was amazingly comfortable, but the food...OMG. Amazing food presented with a Five Star Restaurant approach. Although we were happy to dine in a quiet, uncrowded restaurant, I would hope that this restaurant has it's busy times. It deserves it. If you happen to be in Puerto Rico, you need to stop at "La Tasca de Yiyo".

Reviewed October 15, 2010

I went to this place on recommendation of the other tripadvisor reviews. On the walk to la tasca, I noticed beppo's was crowded - at least 20 tables of people. When we got to La Tasca de yiyo, there was one other couple there. It's a laid back place where they had american TV on in the background. I ordered the mofongo as an appetizer (plain) and my spouse got the shredded beef, I got garlic shrimp. It cost $16 and I only got 7 small shrimp. It came with two sides, so I got a salad and red beans and rice. The "salad" was limp white slivers of iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato - it looked like the topping for a mcdonald's hamburger. The rice was ok, but I've had better. The shrimp was ok, but I really didn't get enough food. Everything seemed old,so we passed on dessert. The people were very nice, but I certainly would not come here again.

1  Thank AmericaninJkta29
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Very nice local restaurant. Recommend the fish dishes and the mofongos. We ate here twice during our short stay in San Juan because we enjoyed it so much!