“Dessert and coffee”

Ranked #27 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Eat where the locals come when they visit Old San Juan. Located off the beaten path, this neighborhood bistro serves a range of creative dishes along with some comfort classics. Using fresh ingredients you can expect some great sandwiches, a selection of salads, fresh ceviche & quiche, yummy soups, and more.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stopped in St. Germaine for dessert. Shaaday was our waitress who like us was from NY. She was just the sweetest! St. Germaine is such a fun cafe. I had the crepes stuffed with nutella and my boyfriend had the chocolate croissant made with nutella. Both were delicious. We will return to try the lunch menu as we have heard the food items are just as delicious.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Charming bistro with great salads and sandwiches, and large portions for the price. We returned for sandwiches to go on our last day in PR and two hours later, ON THE AIRPLANE, they were still delicious! Very friendly staff. Any complaints about a line or wait are just indicative of how popular this place is... we went on a Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon and had no problem. Check this place out if you visit Old San Juan.

1  Thank ejn03
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Literally the best mojito I've ever tasted. Every drink is made fresh and infused with herbs and fruit. The ginger lemonade is refreshing and just the perfect afternoon treat. The ingredients are fresh and made in-house. We may be eating here again during our trip!

1  Thank Lejla B
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was walking around Old San Juan looking for a place for lunch. I saw the name and it sounded familiar and when I looked inside it was packed...always a good sign, I decided this is where I would have lunch. It is a small place and very busy but if you are patient during lunch tables will turn quickly. It appeared most of the diners were locals and not tourists...also a good sign. Don't miss the ginger lemonade....soo refreshing. I had the quiche with mixed vegetables, very good and light not too heavy and the asparagus soup which was yummy. It then occurred to me this was a place I had seen on Trip Advisor and when back in my hotel confirmed that and can agree with the high rating it gets by visitors. Yes there are a lot of options for vegetarians but I hate to label it a "vegetarian" restaurant. I would call it fresh homemade and delicious.

1  Thank SunshineinOregon
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Wait is untolerable and no waiters available. What is wrong? Everything! The a/c appears to be broken as well.

I am sorry because this used to be my favorite place.

1  Thank RafaelFranciscoColon