“ST. Germain Bistro and Cafe!!! Excellent”

St Germain Bistro & Cafe
Ranked #26 of 1,050 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Eat where the locals come when they visit Old San Juan. Located off the beaten path, this neighborhood bistro serves a range of creative dishes along with some comfort classics. Using fresh ingredients you can expect some great sandwiches, a selection of salads, fresh ceviche & quiche, yummy soups, and more.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

St. Germain Bistro is a place I would go every Sunday for Brunch if I lived in San Juan. The restaurant is small but the food was delicious. There were several of us at brunch and everyone had something different and every thing was great!! You must try the desserts!! The key lime pie was to die for!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

If traveling at Viejo San Juan, you MUST try the St Germain Brunch-AT $18 the all inclusive brunch is the best deal in town and a great way to start your Sunday. WOW Grand Marnier mimosas.. yum... and the rest that follows is amazing...we actually ate here for dinner( nice and light and affordable) and also had the BEST time ever one night on the 2nd floor having tapas and half priced happy hour (6-8) amazing Guava martinis whilst listening to fabulous Spanish guitarist/synthesized band... We closed the place down with new found Bostonian friends(after midnight, who knows when?)- a highlight! Do NOT miss a trip to St Germain.. AND they have a big vegan menu as well.. and a new Charcuterie on the 3rd floor terrace. By far, the most affordable yet fabulous place we ate in Old San Juan... and this is from a NYC food snob who entertains at top restaurants for a living...Visited 3x in a 4 day stay... THAT'S
saying something... excellent food, staff and vibe.. no reservations taken tho... so make sure to go early.. or hang out on the 2 other floors whilst waiting... which isnt bad either!!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

After reading all the glowing reviews, I had very high expectations of this place. Though the place is pretty nice, the food was average. However, the rum and amaretto cake was the best cake I have ever tasted. It was so moist and just perfect. I would recommend this place only for the cake.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We overheard the recommendation from a patron at an earlier mojito stop. The walk from parking to St Germain took us by striking views, poetry, El Convento and the cathedral, where music emanated from a service. We were greeted, comfortably seated. A bit disappointed that crepes are served only on Sunday, for which I will definitely return. Vanessa led us through the menu, told of the day's fresh ingredients and suggested combinations that would allow us to share. We opted for several appetizers (try the "stack" of fresh tomato, mozzarella, avocado and pesto. The hummus and warm pita, also amazing). We also had the pizza with prosciutto and artichoke. A liter of red sangria was perfect for three. We finished the meal with two desserts, including light and moist amaretto rum cake. Cortaditos of espresso and steamed milk propelled us on the return journey. All in, the least expensive and most intimate of our OSJ meals. I will definitely return, for no better reason than the warm and welcoming smiles of the young ladies who cared for us. Vanessa even brought vinegar and club soda for a bit of coffee spilled on white pants.

2  Thank Kirby C
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I love the food! Everything is made to order. There are great selections of healthy great tasting meals. I had the Cheviche and red tea. Great taste and fresh salad! I felt as though I had the meal prepared by my own personal chef! This restaurant is great for Families with children, Romance, or Dining on a budget. Great location and walking distance to the National historic site of San Juan. We were able to walk off our big meal! Lol.