“Glad I stopped here for dinner”

St Germain Bistro & Cafe
Ranked #25 of 1,050 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Eat where the locals come when they visit Old San Juan. Located off the beaten path, this neighborhood bistro serves a range of creative dishes along with some comfort classics. Using fresh ingredients you can expect some great sandwiches, a selection of salads, fresh ceviche & quiche, yummy soups, and more.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

While wandering the streets of Old San Juan looking for a place to eat I happened upon the St. Germain Bistro & Café. I was looking for something lite as I had an unexpected big lunch. The Café is small and fills up quickly. I sat at the small bar which was fine. Sunday is Wine and Crepes night so it looked like there is a separate menu the other nights. I decided on the Ratatouille and a glass of red wine.

The food was very good and the portion just right. It looked like other dishes were on the large side, but fortunately mine wasn't. The atmosphere of the café is simple but elegant. One thing to keep in mind is if you're in a hurry than St. Germain is not a place you want to go to. As it is small and there were only a couple of waitresses, service was expectedly on the slow side. It's not a knock on them as they had to do everything from drink and meal service, take your payment and clean the tables.

If you're looking for a change of pace from Latin fare, St. Germain Bistro & Café is a very good choice. Reservations are accepted so would be a good idea if you are in Old San Juan in the high season or during the normal dinner rush.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

St. Germain Bistro & Cafe is a nice little corner place in old San Juan with healthy and fresh food. Although I love anything fried, local Puerto Rican food was a bit too fried even for me, so this was a welcome break with large & creative salads, tasty sandwiches, agua frescas, & amazing desserts. The lunch combo is a great deal with perfect portions, and the daily quiche was perfect. Don't miss the Cuatro Sombras coffee, and save room for cake!

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for lunch with our one year old baby. The staff was very nice and even bought a book for our son to read. We both got sandwiches and the food was fresh and prepared to order. The ginger lemonade was refreshing on a hot day. We both will be back and definitely recommend it to anyone for a fresh, refreshing lunch option.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

They really just do it right here. They do very little meat and LOTS of veggies, but man....is it FRESH!! You can taste the love and passion in everything we ate. Even the salad was awsome. My brother fell in love with the waitress, but thats a different story..LOL. I wasn't looking forward to going here, but my husband insisited and I'm glad he did!

1  Thank cocoabeachshark
Reviewed May 14, 2013

a nice, healthy cafe in a historic setting. the building/decor is fantastic - very cute. everything is fresh, good-sized portions.