“Petite France in the Caribbean”

St Germain Bistro & Cafe
Ranked #24 of 1,060 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Eat where the locals come when they visit Old San Juan. Located off the beaten path, this neighborhood bistro serves a range of creative dishes along with some comfort classics. Using fresh ingredients you can expect some great sandwiches, a selection of salads, fresh ceviche & quiche, yummy soups, and more.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After some days we've spent in the US before arriving to San Juan, we were hungry for some european syle dinner, and this place is a hidden jam. At this place you can have quality food instead of the quantity. Absolutely recommended, specially after a cruise. :-)
Small place with just a few tables, but reservations are not accepted, so arrive early to have a seat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went to this place, once again, based on the TA reviews. It is a tad off the beaten path, but if you are into taking a nice walk around old San Juan, this is not hard to find. We went on a Thursday afternoon and found the place surprisingly busy around noon (pretty much everyone in there looked like TA people, if I may be so bold). Even though it was early afternoon, my husband said, "What the hell, we're on vacation" and ordered a glass of Sangria when we sat down. Wow, this was no run of the mill Sangria - I'm not into it, but even I had a sip and must admit, this was some good SHI*! Need, I say, he ended up having two by the time lunch was over. My hubby ordered a chicken pesto sandwich, which was wonderful and I had a shrimp pita which had the most beautiful shrimp I've ever enjoyed in a sandwich. They were fat and very tasty!

It seemed like mostly women working there and you could tell they were trying their best to accommodate all patrons despite how busy they were. It's a pretty small place, so time your visit.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

You feel it is the place around the corner where you live. Pop by and say hello even that you don't know then it seems you know them and they know you. From the time you enter till the time you leave you ask yourself where did you see this place elsewhere. Paris, Italy, the coffeeplace around the corner. We went for lunch and were lucky to be there early before everybody else wanted to come. good selection, tasty drinks, coffee, desserts and of course whatever you find on the menu. We tried to select as many different items as possible in order to try and did not find anything we did not like. Even with three kids on the table it wasn't a problem. Try it and you will come back. The only thing I have to say which made me realize that I wasn't in Paris and I am not sure if it's every day: I just don't like to eat from plastic plates, please...

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I first visited St. Germain in 2012 and loved it. I literally craved it for an entire year, until I came back in April 2013. I visited twice during my most recent visit and it did not let me down. Highly recommend it, can't go wrong!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was an excellent change from the heavy food we had eaten all week. A real treat was getting a drink in The Mezzanine next door that is part of St. Germain. Food was fresh and just the right amount to not leave you hungry or bloated.