“Great Food - Long Wait” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St Germain Bistro & Cafe

St Germain Bistro & Cafe
Ranked #28 of 980 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cafe, Puerto Rican, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food - Long Wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't in a big hurry. Why would anyone be in a hurry in old San Juan? The problem is, I was very, very hungry when I went here and it seemed to take forever for the food to come.

Once the food finally came though I was NOT disappointed. They had some nice vegetarian selections on the menu. I had a pita with grilled eggplant, vegetables, and hummus. It was dare I say, ... Yummus! The prices were very reasonable and as other travelers have noted the atmosphere was great! It was a fun place to eat. I will definitely go back next time I'm in town.

• Visited December 2012

Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
“Friendly Service, Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

After reading about this place in Lonely Planet, we went in search of this fantastic cafe. Pay attention, because if you're not watching, you just might walk right by it. Inside, are a number of tables in close quarters, making for a cozy, intimate meal. The buzz of conversation from the next table over adds to the quaint, cozy atmosphere.

Service is friendly right from the moment you walk in and are greeted by big, welcoming smile. Orders come quick, too.

The food is delicious. I would highly recommend the Ceviche! Others in my party had soup of the day and quiche, and an assortment of sandwiches. Everything was well prepared and tasty. And portion sizes fill you up.

1 Thank Keith-B-Robinson
Sea Isle City, New Jersey
“Trust the Locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife & I were spending one day in Puerto Rico prior to taking our Caribbean cruise the following day. We had searched and reviewed restaurants and decided upon Cafe Esperanza. When we arrived at the location we learned that they had gone out of business. Not being familiar with other eateries in the area my wife entered a shop and asked the proprietor for a suggestion. He recommended St. Germain Bistro & Cafe. Trusting in his recommendation we went. This was a WONDERFUL find!! It is a "local" eatery (we were the only tourists in the restaurant) offering a more European style of dining. NOTE: If you are in a rush....DON'T GO!! However, if you would like to enjoy a wonderful, laid back meal this is definetly the place. We went for our lunch. Three hours later we left the restaurant knowing that we had to share the experience.

We ordered the soup & half a sandwich (asperagas soup and a half sandwich of Italian ham, brie cheese & apples). The desseret , brace yourself, a crepe filled with bannanas and walnuts with a drizzle of chocolate and a touch of cream. Good Grief! WONDERFUL!

As in Europe, the restaurant is small and the tables are close together. Who cares. The prices were a wonderful surprise. The selections were numerous and the food simply wonderful.

We hope you give it a try.

• Visited December 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Nice little restaurant in San Juan.
Their Basil Lemonades are nice and refreshing.
My boyfriend and I found St Germain and went there twice during our vacation.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Montclair, New Jersey
“Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had the steak sandwich, it's to die for. We split the sandwich as we were not too hungry, the waitress was so nice to ask the kitchen to split the plate for us and even gave us enough salad on each plate for 2. We also had the asparagus soup, it is good. For dessert, we had the rum cake, it is sooooooo good. Everyone is super friends. Must go and we will go back again when we visit Puerto Rico again,

1 Thank Cat365