“A beautiful lunch spot in Old San Juan”
Review of Patio del Nispero

Patio del Nispero
Ranked #103 of 1,075 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nested in the heart of the Historic Hotel El Convento, Patio del Nispero offers the perfect setting for a casual breakfast, lunch, Puerto Rican tapas, cocktails or a romantic dinner. A "must visit" during your visit in Puerto Rico.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband has been to eat here on previous trips to San Juan and so he really wanted to take us to eat lunch here during our first visit to Old San Juan. The sandwiches, burgers and fries were wonderful and tasty, and the Mofongo was the best I had during my stay in Puerto Rico! Our server,a delightful and friendly young lady, was helpful and even brought us a map of San Juan and showed us where to go. A definite thumbs up for lunch at the Patio!

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We came at 4 something looking for dessert and a drink. Service was rocky from the start when I asked if we could have dessert. The server pointed us to the bar until I asked if the high tops were ok. We were with a three year old, so the bar was not ideal. We ordered three desserts, flan, cheesecake and a sorbet trio (tamarind, passion fruit, and guava). I asked for a drink menu and the guy said one second, but obviously forgot as he was folding napkins. I asked again, and he said the didn't have a menu but they have mojitos, sangria and piña coladas. It took 30 minutes to get dessert and another 5 to get the bill. They never even picked it up. On the bright side, every dessert was perfect, the music was lovely and the atmosphere is to die for.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We had all the food we desired there, authentic and served with the local enthusiasm of the local people. The best shrimp mofongo, and the best breakfast! Would like to thank the staff: Melissa, Luis, Grande, Salvador and Carolina, for their personal attention!
It was a "home away from home"! Loved the bar, and the bats on the trees at night! Excelente!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I visited Old San Juan for 5 days and ate at a bunch of different restaurants everyday. This was by far the best restaurant I have ate at while in Puerto Rico! Matthew was a phenominal server; polite, professional and so informative. The breeze is so welcoming in this "courtyard-esque" hotel restaurant on a warm summer's night. The stars are above you as you enjoy dinner and soft muisic plays in the back ground. The wine was great... I had the chicken and sweet plaintains as a side. It was so flavorful and delicious! I will definitely be reurning to his restaurant if I am ever in the area again. ***Matthew, you made our night when we asked if we were stting outside or not lol!!

1  Thank jaleesa c
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were visiting Old San Juan and decided to stop here for dinner. The style of the restaurant was beautiful. The food was amazing. The service was excellent our waiter Matthew was fantastic! If we ever come back to Puerto Rico we will definitely came back to this restaurant.

2  Thank SM2477