“Mallorcas - Yum!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Princeton, New Jersey
“Mallorcas - Yum!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had 2 meals at Café Mallorca during our time in Old San Juan. We went to lunch on Monday and breakfast on Tuesday.
Lunch was fantastic! We each had mallorcas. Ham & cheese for myself and my daughter and cheese for my son. We weren't quite sure how ham & cheese on sweet bread with powdered sugar would taste but agreed we had to give it a try. It was so good! We were pleasantly surprised and the mallorcas were quickly devoured. It was our favorite lunch in San Juan.

Our breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. The pancakes are quite small but good. The sausage is horrible - like fried vienna sausages - rubbery on the outside and squishy on the inside. We opted to get some pastries to make up for the lacking breakfast. We bought a variety of pastries - cookies, Danish, and meringue - to take back to the hotel with us. They were all very good.

Go for the mallorcas and pastries. Forget pancakes & sausage!

Visited June 2014

San Juan
“A gracious opportunity to experience San Juan”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The timeless sense I felt once I entered was endearing. I felt as if I were being allowed to be part of old San Juan. The cafe from a huge gas-fired cafe machine was astounding. I didn't expect much, but when the waiter put my cup under the spigot next to the one for cafe and hot milk flowed into my cup, I thought, "cafe con leche," but the way they would have made it in Habana, Cartagena, or Buenos Aires, in 1942. I'm not old enough to have been there, but this cafe took me there. And so did the Cuban sandwich I had. Wow.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Aidennosco
Austin,TX
“Delicious Breakfast!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our cab driver who is also a tour guide across the street recommended this place. Their Mallorcas were outstanding! We had them with cheese, ham and fried egg and just cheese and bacon. This place is small with only a few tables and chairs at counter. Forget the counting calories and just enjoy!

• Visited July 2014
NYC
“Good breakfast/lunch with good prices!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast - tried their mallorcas - with powdered sugar, ham& cheese! So good! Great coffee! They have decent breakfast for a good price! We stayed at El Convento and did not want to pay $20 for pancakes! This place was a good find. We also went for lunch and food was pretty good. Loved their pork chops & rice and beans! Can't beat good food with even better prices!

• Visited September 2013
Austin,TX
“Amazing Mallorcas! Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Located on San Fransicso street in Ol San Juan. No calorie counting here. Every calorie is worth it, Our taxi driver who is also a tour guide told us about this place. Obviously where locals eat. They have amazing Mallorcas. My husband had his with cheese, ham and fried egg. Mine was just cheese and bacon. Mallorca was so soft and sweet. Bakery items are displayed in window. This a small place but worth it. Try their lemonada also.

• Visited June 2014