“Excellent coffee”

Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Pastries were very good, excellent coffee, service is fast. Breakfast was pretty good, and prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank Sindbad2007

Reviewed February 5, 2013

It's an efficient coffee shop which serves typical breakfast fare at reasonable prices. Delicious cafe con leche. Wonderful-looking fresh pastries in the window although we went with the eggs etc. The place is busy with locals and tourists alike which is telling. Give it a try.

1  Thank mgbenjer
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had gotten the guava pastellilos (flakey pastry) two years ago, and I had thought about those delicious pastries at least once a week until we returned to San Juan this January and made this one of our first stops- the taxi and bus rides we made from Isla Verde to Cafe Mallorca several times were so worth it. We ate pastries there at least 4 times, our last visit there I had to have two of them, they are so delicious. Also had chicken soup one day and my husband had pork chops and rice and beans that he just loved. I am wishing I could have those pastries shipped to my house a week, the are that good! The atmosphere makes you feel like you have stepped back in time, it's like a 50s diner, complete with gentlemen in vests and a couple wearing hats working behind the counter. It gets crowded with locals during the day and I see why, it's a place not to be missed. I certainly miss it since I have gotten home. No fresh guava paste here!

1  Thank ontheMove19
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This small restaurant was pretty packed which was a good sign and they make Mallorcas. So many told me to not leave Puerto Rico without trying one. DELICIOUS! It's a soft bread with ham and cheesed, grilled and powdered sugar sprinkled on top. One bite and you are hooked! The staff was friendly and overall, it's a nice little place if you are looking for a quick meal.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Ate breakfast here on our last morning in San Juan. Like an old fashioned NY deli. Lots of locals getting breakfast on their way to work.Great food, service and ambiance, at cheap prices. My omelette was delicious and huge. The breakfast pastries are excellent. We got some to go. The coconut macaroon was amazing. Loved it.