“Great place”
Review of Cafe Cola'o

Cafe Cola'o
Ranked #3 of 25 Coffee & Tea in San Juan
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We enjoyed the blended coffee. Great Puerto Rican coffee!
Been there twice and had I had time I would have gone again

2  Thank Hennnnnnnn H

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Everything was great about this place, the big paintings on the wall, the staff, and the cafe of course. I ordered a Carmel latee which came out perfect, even drew a coqui on it which was super cute. Parking is hard to find so I would suggest pArking in the garage down the street.

1  Thank Dapont12
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped in before our Segway tour of the city. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The coffee was outstanding. We learned it was locally grown and sold to select vendors.

After our tour, we stopped back to purchase some coffee to bring home. We can't wait to have more of this delicious coffee!

1  Thank Eric F
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stopped in Cafe Cola'o while visiting Old San Juan. It smelled so good in there! Had a great cup of coffee from "Utuado", a small town in Puerto Rico. It was very good. Very small restaurant with a few tables outside. Great place to grab a quick coffee and pastry. Reasonable prices. Friendly atmosphere!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Came here specifically for the latte with the coquí drawn on it. The shop is located right on Pier 2, tucked into some shops on the left of the pier. The coffee was good, a bit creamy for my preference. I didn't think the espresso was strong, and was actually overpowered by the milk. I also got a quesito, which was light, flakey and delicious.

The baristas were really friendly. I guess the story behind the original "coquí latte" was that the owner drew it, and they weren't sure how to copy it. They tried and it was great. I felt bad bc I forgot to ask for it to go. In the process of transferring it to the new cup, it spilled over. Instead of giving me the dirty cup, they made it fresh with a heart drawn in it. Very sweet! And when they found out it was my daughter's birthday, they gave her a fresh flower she carried with her the rest of the day.

3  Thank CMHolloway