“Seattle Bested”
Review of Cafe Cola'o

Cafe Cola'o
Ranked #3 of 25 Coffee & Tea in San Juan
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for our must have morning coffee. Since landing, my boyfriend had been begging for his Starbucks. Good thing I made him hold out. Cafe Cola'o at the pier was delicious! The cappuccino was authentic and the designs a nice touch, but the iced latte my boyfriend ordered was amazing (I drank mine and half of his!) and a perfect start to a day of sightseeing. The quesitos are a must to round out a true Puerto Rican experience.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a great stop! Authentic Puerto Rican coffee, fun designs in your milk, and ocean view! Beware of the pigeons and be sure to sit under an umbrella, if you sit outside! The coffee is a bit overpriced, for the size of coffee that you are purchasing, but is it strong and delicious!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Good coffee, good pastry, in this small cozy and picturesque place in Old San Juan. Good service. Locals recomended! Who doesnt want a good cup of local coffee in the center of this historic place?

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a small coffee shop along the water, across from our hotel (Sheraton Old San Juan) - and we were blown away by the delicious coffee (swirls included!) As we got caught by a rain shower, we sat with friends for a fair amount of time. Wait staff was polite and not at all dismissive - would definitely visit there again! Plus - the price was a real bargain!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was starving, so we stumbled in here for a quick bite and I got a croissant, while my husband got a tasty pastry. Only after I left did I realize where we had stopped. We were in the area the next day, I stopped in for a cappuccino and a "famous" design, but I was a little disappointed that I only got a smiley. Granted, my cup was small, but I was hoping for something a bit more unique. I would've loved to have spent more time at the little patio tables enjoying a drink and watching the locals, but that was not the case this trip.