“Thanks Dixie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jam Rum Bar + Bistro Moderne - CLOSED

Jam Rum Bar + Bistro Moderne
Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican, American, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Manuel Rodriguez Serra
Description: Nestled away in the beautiful residential community of Condado is the hottest new restaurant in Puerto Rico. Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne is Puerto Rico's only Rum Bar featuring over 70 Rums from around the Island and World. Our menu consists of creative Caribbean and Latin influenced bistro style dishes. Menu is seasonally and locally driven focusing on regional ingredients, local farms and fisherman using lighter cooking methods. Children are welcome, and actually eat free on Sundays! The restaurant has an amazing energy and palate of citrus colors to match the white leather decor. Neighborhood favorite spot for the food lovers of San Juan/Condado. Unbeatable value, great ambience and energy has made Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne an instant success in Puerto Rico. Large groups welcome with private rooms.
Chicago, Illinois
“Thanks Dixie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I promised I would write a review and I apologize for taking so long.

My partner and I came across Jam during Holy Week this March while on vacation. If there is one thing we found out while we were there is that it is virtually impossible to find anything opened on Good Friday in San Juan. To our surprise Jam was opened and we couldn't have been happier!

We were originally going to just have a drink and head home. Well, once I tasted the Blind Bartender, met Dixie, Cynthia, and Christina I knew that we were there for the night.

The atmosphere is great. Amazing decor, great service, superb drinks, and amazing food. We eat out a lot and would classify ourselves as foodies. All of these things make a great a restaurant. However, the service at Jam is what makes me write this review.

The owner, Dixie, was the most wonderful lady we met while on the island. She talked with Brian and I for some time and found out that her former profession is my current profession. She talked to us about all the wonderful things Puerto Rico has to offer. I learned that she has family lives in our city of Chicago (we are still waiting for the sister restaurant to open). Cynthia was a great bartender who made amazing drinks and joked with us about Good Friday in San Juan. Christina the manager introduced herself and was consistently making sure that the restaurant was running in great form.

We would totally recommend this establishment to anyone visiting San Juan and find yourself in Condado. I can't wait to come back. Thanks again!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Joshua H

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very cool restaurant hidden away in the Condado area. The food was amazing. Drinks to die for. I wish I had something like this close to home. The flavors were POW explode in your mouth. Next time in the island will visit Marmalade which I believe is a sister restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Incredible Innovation to Locally Sourced Products.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I'll state the obvious. They have an amazing rum list of local and regional libations. The manager created a majority of the mixed drink recipes that are on the list. I had the Blind Bartender consisting of fresh ginger, rum, and cilantro. It was profoundly refreshing. Jodi, the bartender expertly navigated me through the fine rum list like a concoction safari.

I was fortunate to visit during restaurant week and had a pre fixe menu. The white bean soup was as good as advertized. The NY Strip was good, but the sauces of chilli and basil made the dish. The first attempt at the correct temperature was incorrect, but they perfected it in the second effort. The chocolate mousse was super rich, but the pumpkin fritters with dulce de leche made me as happy as Mutombo blocking a shot.

• Visited May 2013
“Great ambiance and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Great place. Great treat. Bar tender Rafael was the best bar tender ever. You got to go. Desert was awesome. Atmosphere was really cool.

• Visited May 2013
“Third trip for good reason!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Coming from St. Thomas we eat here every trip. The food is outstanding and the same with the service. White bean soup is banging good and the menu seems to change frequently. Can't get enough of the plantains, and thinking of moving the 65 miles west. Eat here.