“excellent dining experience”
Review of Jam Rum Bar + Bistro Moderne - CLOSED

Jam Rum Bar + Bistro Moderne
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Manuel Rodriguez Serra
Description: Nestled away in the beautiful residential community of Condado is the hottest new restaurant in Puerto Rico. Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne is Puerto Rico's only Rum Bar featuring over 70 Rums from around the Island and World. Our menu consists of creative Caribbean and Latin influenced bistro style dishes. Menu is seasonally and locally driven focusing on regional ingredients, local farms and fisherman using lighter cooking methods. Children are welcome, and actually eat free on Sundays! The restaurant has an amazing energy and palate of citrus colors to match the white leather decor. Neighborhood favorite spot for the food lovers of San Juan/Condado. Unbeatable value, great ambience and energy has made Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne an instant success in Puerto Rico. Large groups welcome with private rooms.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

trendy place, excellent service, very tasty food. my favorite were the shrimp ceviche and the ribeye steak. one of the best steaks I have ever had.

1  Thank eskandar y

Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a wonderful meal although a bit expensive. After reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor we decided to try it for dinner on our pre-cruise stay.

I had read so much about the white bean soup we had to try it. (I'm not typically a fan of bean soup). We ordered a bowl to share as an appetizer. We both agreed that we wished for the whole pot! Make sure to try it.

My husband ordered the shrimp risotto and I ordered the Red Snapper. We shared both meals and both were delcious but agreed that the Red Snapper was outstanding.

To start our vacation off right, we also orderd the chocolate mousse cake dessert. Yum!

The total meal for two includeing tax and tip without drinks was about $100.

I would love to eat here again when we go back next year..

1  Thank Mom2Men
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family enjoyed a delectable meal at this restaurant last week. Our dinners were among the best we tasted on the island. The tuna tartar, ceviche and skirt steak were spectacular recommendations from our very attentive waitress, Katya. Our favorite dessert was the key lime pie with mango sorbet, an absolutely perfect ending to a delicious, well-served meal. You've got to try this restaurant!

1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was our last dinner during our trip to Puerto Rico and we couldn't have asked for a better send off. The food, place, and people were absolutely wonderful. My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of meeting the owner in the parking lot after our meal. He came out and took our picture and chatted with us about our experience. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for great food with great service!

1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great appetizer and entrees for even vegetarians! Owner came to us and made sure that we are served properly. Food preparation was very good.