“Nice little place”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice little place”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was craving for Indian food and found this place. Service was excellent and so was the food. We went for lunch and ordered lunch special. We did a one mile trek from Conrad to go to this place. ( though you can take a Bus too ) I would visit this place again if i go back to San Juam

Visited December 2012
1 Thank khannamayank

Puerto Rico
“Heartbroken”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This restaurant has moved a lot and changed it's name. I followed it everywere but the last move was not worth it. The service was horrendous and portions are way smaller. My husband found a piece of plastic in his food. I understand accidents happen. We where discreet and showed it to the manager who never apologized. We paid a lot for plastic food and a bad experience . I won't be back.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank kurnu
Puerto Rico
“Disappointment”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I was extremely happy to learn that there was a Thai/Indian rest in the island since I visited a few in NYC and I absolutely loved them. This is nothing compared to he real thing. The Tom Kha Gai soups had no vegetables and a slice of chicken that must have been from a cheap box. The sauces where cheap and nothing seemed to me homemade. not even the "cold" HOT tea I ordered. A complete disappointment although the waitress was amiable...

• Visited January 2012
Ponce PR
“Awesome Authentic Indian Food”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Having lived in the US Virgin Islands for 20 years and 4 years ago moved to Ponce, Puerto Rico, finding a restaurant that serves anything but local culinary delights (ie rice and beans and fried everything!!) has been a futile quest, until yesterday when we happened upon Bangkok & Bombay Thia and Indian Resturant. This place is tucked away on Route 153 in Coamo, Puerto Rico. It has the most awesome, incredible, authentic indian food! We ate lunch/dinner at around 2:30PM and it was soooo delicious! My husband and I shared appetizers (onion and spinach clumps that came with two dipping sauces: plum sauce and pesto), and duck roll (with an incredible dipping sauce). We ordered naan bread which came with peanut dipping sauce! YUM! We ordered chicken vindaloo and rojan josh. (Both were very large portions that came with yellow rice and jasmine rice) I could not finish mine, but my husband gladly finished it for me! We topped it off with their recommended "custard" which was made from "root" and was similar in texture to a soft, moist cake....that was incredibly tasty, warm, and wonderful! The interior atmosphere and surroundings were incredibly tasteful asian style and the service was very attentive, but not overly bothersome. We had put this on the top of our list for restaurants in Puerto Rico and plan to head back again soon to sample the Thia menu and the sushi menu. I would definately recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for authentic indian food to satisfy their palate!! check out their website at http://www.bangkokbombay.com/ for menu, pictures, and information!! Don't pass up this gem of a restaurant!!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank PilarebPonce
New York City, New York
“No finer Thai or Indian food in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I have been coming to Puerto Rico for 7 years and I can always count on this restaurant to provide the freshest ingredients in either the Thai or Indian food that I order. The ONLY Tandoori oven on the island. Why would you have Indian food anywhere else? The owner/chef is Thai and has several fish entrees that are magnificent. The house wines are very good. Service is very attentive, but not bothersome. The artwork on the wall and the beautiful Thai antiques are stunning. It is impeccably clean.
The only thing that upset me was when someone stole the Blue Parrot from the patio.

• Visited February 2011