“Good option in old San Juan”

El Asador, The Grill House
Ranked #355 of 991 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Puerto Rican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: El Asador, where you can find the best seafood, meat cuts & Puerto Rican cuisine, has a prime location near Old San Juan's entrance, and right in the heart of the Old City's nightlife. The stylish and exclusive decor of this Bar & Restaurant, accentuated by a magnificent interior patio, provides the perfect environment for a delightful, cozy and sophisticated experience. Whether you are looking for an early lunch, a romantic dinner, or even if you are looking to have a couple of drinks with friends, El Asador is your ultimate destination.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good option in old San Juan”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Went there twice, always in lunch time, but i saw and is beautiful by night. They have a nice price for a set lunch menu, normally being fish the main course. Nice food, nice ambience, great arquitecture as everything else in old San Juan and a well prepared staff.

• Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“Good food and good ambience”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The architecture and design of this place is very attractive and rustic looking. I loved the dark wood and the openness and feel of the place. We stumbled upon it while searching for a cab and decided to go in and enjoy an early dinner.
My husband and I shared a pitcher of Sangria and it was made fresh at the bar in front of us and quite tasty.
For dinner, my girls had steak with salad and French fries. They ate it all up and kept saying how yummy it was. I decided to try the seafood mofongo and it was delicious! I can't remember what fish my husband ordered, but he cleaned his plate as well.
Like all places in PR, the service was slow but good. The waitress was friendly enough, but the guy who also served us looked unhappy, however he made a great Sangria.
We did not sit outside but they had cute tables on a little side street.
This place would be fantastic if they could just tell everyone to cheer up and smile.

• Visited February 2014
Ohio
“Perfect dinner”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our first night in San Juan... walking the "restaurant row" and got talking with a couple who told us of El Asador. we took a wrong turn walking there, but I was well worth the extra time. we ate in the outdoor area. Quiet amidst the hustle of Friday night in OSJ! the best mojitos ever! We shared appetizers... lobster risotto (More than most places give for a main course!), ceviche, and shrimp risotto. The waitress (So sorry I can't remember her name) was helpful, fun and knowledgeable. We loved it so much we came back for lunch the day after our cruise! thanks for a great meal.

Ormond Beach, FL
“Nice place in old san Juan”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I spotted this place on our first day walking around and decided to go back to try for dinner. Glad we did. My husband had porch chops that he said were good, and I had grilled grouper that was very nice with the BEST mushroom risotto I think I've ever had. Next time I am in OSJ, I will be going straight there for risotto! The atmosphere reminded me of a monastery, but in a good way :-) We sat at the bar and enjoyed Sarah's company very much. Be warned, though, the drinks are pricey! Our last morning in town we went there for breakfast which was good also.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Old San Juan winner”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Wonderful surprise just a few blocks off of restaurant row in downtown old San Juan. Great atmosphere and quality food. There are certainly many choices to make in restaurants in old San Juan, but make sure you go the extra distance to find this one. We ordered and shared the lobster risotto and the skirt steak dinners and were very pleased with both. In addition, they offered a mushroom risotto as a complimentary appetizer. The risotto was not rice, but pasta (orzo)? and was excellent. The server seemed a bit unsure of himself and we needed to ask for more water, etc.