“Great food and atmospher”

El Asador, The Grill House
Ranked #305 of 1,025 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, International, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: El Asador, where you can find the best seafood, meat cuts & Puerto Rican cuisine, has a prime location near Old San Juan's entrance, and right in the heart of the Old City's nightlife. The stylish and exclusive decor of this Bar & Restaurant, accentuated by a magnificent interior patio, provides the perfect environment for a delightful, cozy and sophisticated experience. Whether you are looking for an early lunch, a romantic dinner, or even if you are looking to have a couple of drinks with friends, El Asador is your ultimate destination.
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great food and atmospher”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The ambiance and decor are truly beautiful. We loved the open feel and the wood work. The service was good and the food was delicious. I had the Shrimp Risotto which was rich and creamy and full of good size shrimp. My boyfriend ordered Skirt Steak, and it was also delicious!!.

Good drinks and very reasonable price.

• Visited December 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,114 helpful votes
“Nicely accommodated our need for a quick meal”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had two constraints when we entered Asador: (1) we had only 20 minutes to eat, as we needed to head to the airport; and (2) we do not eat meat, only fish. The waiter was quite accommodating and helpful. We ordered the house ceviche and a guava flan. They were brought out within a couple minutes. The ceviche was delicious, with scallions, garlic, and a light lemony marinade. The flan was very good, too. We finished our meal in the allotted time and savored the taste all the way to the airport.

• Visited December 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“The most enjoyable meal while I was in Puerto Rico.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food was pleasurable to the eye and palate. The staff was courtoius and knowledgable. The atmosphere was suprisingly romantic and comfortable. No other meal I had while in Puerto Rico came close to the level of happiness I experienced here. My wife and I both told all our friends of the great evening we shared at this spot in Old San Juan.

• Visited October 2012
San Juan
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I invited family to El Asador and everyone was pleased. The ambience and decor are truly beautiful. The Mojitos are excellent. My husband ordered the Risotto and I ordered Skirt Steak, and both of them were delicious!!. My brother and his wife ordered other items and were very pleased as well. Because we went for dinner, it was dark and charming, creating a very private and enjoyful meal. Would recommend to others.

• Visited October 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Incredible”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been to Puerto Rico 3 times in the past year and ALWAYS stop to eat at El Asador. The mojitos are the best in Old San Juan. Try the fried chicken chunks and risotto - both are delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Great atmosphere and extremely clean.

• Visited August 2012