“Pricey. Good paella, excellent service, but just plain pricey.”
Review of Cafe Valencia - CLOSED

Cafe Valencia
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Valencia Restaurant Cafe has continued the tradition of quality, pride and hard work since 1961. He is known for the local dishes of Spanish food and serve "the best paella in Puerto Rico". For 52 years, Cafe Valencia has distinguished itself by offering service and culinary art of the highest quality. We select only the finest and freshest ingredients to stir the senses and stimulate appetite. It has a modern and a variety of rooms for private events that accommodate from small groups up to 200 people. It is ideal for a business lunch or dinner. The restaurant has an elegant bar and a main room that accommodates up to 200 guests. It also has equipped meeting rooms that are reserved for corporate, press conferences and private activities meetings. Separated from the main hall, located the activity room. With separate entrance and service "valet parking" available, the Activity Room is ideal for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, christenings and any corporate event.
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I went there for my b'day, and when you visit this place, you order paella, period. It IS pricey. Service is quite subdued, but their servers are quite experienced and helpful. The paella is very good -not excellent, but very good nonetheless. Not that great a value for the money, but worth it for an occasional splurge.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Valencia

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I went to Cafe Valencia with family and friends for dinner. Wow! the paella was so good. The texture of the rice was perfection. I never liked paella but now count it as one of my favorite dishes. The service was excellent. They start with a nice glass of water with ice. These days you don't see water being served without asking, and at no charge. Then came the toasted buttered bread, a big basket, hot and crisp also no charge. "I like that" We ordered some appetizers to start and they were at our table as we finished the bread. The waiter brought us another basket of bread and we ordered our meal. The food is served fresh and very hot to the table. Everything was so good.
For dessert i had the chocolate cheese cake, it was so good, the texture was almost like a mouse. My wife had the pecan pie and it was the best pecan pie i have ever tasted. (She reluctantly gave me a bite)
This restaurant is a must when in the metro area. Buen provecho!!

1  Thank KingCarrot1
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We had a wonderful meal and the service was outstanding. I ordered the French onion soup which was delicious. My husband had the Caldo Gallego which was also very good. My main course was the flounder cooked Basque style and was scrumptious and prepared just right. My husband ordered the mixed seafood paella, that was unbelievably delicious. For dessert we shared a merengue that was very light with a caramel sauce. I recommend this restaurant to people who are looking for a good restaurant in Rio Piedras/Hato Rey area. There is valet parking and a vast wine list.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

the service was good, old admosfera, the food had not expected small flies in the dish, the overall experience was not the best.

1  Thank Victorrp2000
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Excellent food,formal attention,valet parking,but maybe they could put some music to enjoy the moment.