“Great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hacienda Don Jose

Hacienda Don Jose
Ranked #167 of 999 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newmarket, Canada
“Great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

Great for breakfast. We stayed at the Conrad so it's just a short walk. Try to get a table looking over the water. Breakfast of 2 eggs, bacon, toast, OJ, and coffee was $7.50. Great coffee. The huevos rancheros was slightly more with fresh salsa and guacamole.
Service was good.

Suffolk, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent value, excellent view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

We went here for breakfast on Jan 23, 2011 in order to escape the $22.00 breakfast buffett. It was within walking distance of our hotel so we strolled over about 9 am. I was expecting a local place and that's what it was. It is not fancy in any way, maybe 20 tables total. We got a table directly in front of the open windows which literally hang out over the water, and observed crabs on the rocks, birds foraging for crabs in the rocks, waves crashing, and the surf pools emptying and refilling. My husband and I both got the Breakfast Special #1, which was fried eggs, toast, bacon (ham was an option), Coffee, AND orange juice for $7.50. Yes, oceanfront breakfast plus 2 beverages for $7.50 each. Service was OK, not very fast, but "not very fast" seems to be something you get used to in San Juan restaurants. It was a very functional, pleasant local breakfast for a day when you don't want to spend a fortune on that particular meal.

1 Thank ParrotheadMel
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

My husband and I are locals and we like to go out to a new restaurant every week end and try something new. Normally we are surprised on the great food this Island has to offer. However this place was the exception!!!! The service was good and the drinks were great, we had Margarita's.The food however was the worst food I have ever eaten. My husband ordered the Burrito Pastor...was told it was spicy...it had no taste of any kind of spice. I ordered the enchilada suiza it was basically chicken wrapped in a corn tortilla smothered with spaghetti sauce topped with white grated cheese. In my first bite I found a bone fragment ...was totally disgusted. This place may fool tourists but I can tell that who ever cooks (can not be a chef) does not know anything about Mexican food. Do not waste your time...I don't k now how the people before wrote awesome reviews about this place because the food is really awful. The view is super great!!!!! the only positive thing going on here!!!! However from any point of the Island u can get an ocean front view!

“charming restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

Great food with wonderful atmosphere andgreat service! Charming restaurant. Ocean waves crash below the open windows offering a wonderful view. I had not been in San Juan in 10 years and was sooooooo pleased that the Hacienda was still open. Friendly service and charming atmosphere. Not "fancy schmancy" but nice spanish charm.

Huevos rancheros, chimichangas, burritos, habechuella, tacos, cerveza: delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aberdeen, South Dakota
“Great food and atmosphere! A must see!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

Good way to try local food! I thought it was great for the price. The service was ok as we were in no hurry to get anywhere. They were busy but if you flagged them down they were there to help. Went back twice during our trip. It was one of my favorites.