“Wonderful night out!”

Ranked #41 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Perla is a luxury seafood restaurant serving refined contemporary American cuisine with gracious and professional hospitality. DRESS CODE: No open toe shoes for men. No tank tops for men. No bathing suits.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at La Concha where Perla is located and enjoyed our special night out here. We had the red snapper which they are known for and the stuffed chicken as well as a pleasant bottle of wine. Food was VERY good as was the service, the wine list is presented on a tablet which says a lot. We waited the extra time to sit at by the window and it was well worth the wait... very romantic. It was nice to get dressed up and not have to leave the hotel for a fancy meal. If you get there early, have a drink at the bar and hope to be served by Ahmed their mixologist! He does wonders with drinks!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The view of the Sea complimented a sumptuous meal in the most romantic of settings. Perla is a clam-shell building within La Concha with lighting to compliment the effect and architecture. The food is first class with service to match. The experience is pricey.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had a group of seven all of whom are boarding the Brilliance Of The Seas tomorrow. As we began to review the menu, the chef came up and explained his favorites for the evening. His descriptions and recommendations were right on the money. The Chilean Sea Bass was truly a special meal - the flavor had been enhanced with ? additions. As we completed the meal all of us were in agreement the meal was excellent! And we have some in the group who are quite masterful at "Complaining". Adding to the meal is the ambience of the location - perfect location on the water. We shall return (at least my wife and I).

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The quintessential room with a view! There may not be a better setting in all of Puerto Rico. That's where anything remotely good ends! Maybe the staff had an off night; we visited on a Sunday evening. This was absolutley the most bland food we have ever eaten. Nothing had even a hint flavor. We were so disappointed that we asked for the check before we finished our entree. Under no circumstances would we ever go back. There are entirely too many other choices at this price level. During our visit to PR, we also dined at Marmalade, Budatai, Ummo and others. All were decidedly superior. Don't waste you money based of the spectacular view.

1  Thank DRSabs
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Whenever I visit Puerto Rico, it is a must to go to this restaurant. Plan on being put back a few bucks (very expensive) but it is truly a fine dining experience. First of all the restaurant itself is nothing less than spectacular in its design. It is in the shape of a clam shell, if you can believe it, henceforth the name (Pearl). The interior charms and delights and feels like you could be in a classic 30's movie with Kathryn Hepburn and Cary Grant walking in at any moment. The divers scallops and lobster are presented in similar style, on the highest level, very special and melt in your mouth to die for!!!. I am such a stickler for proper lobster, not overdone, and this one was excellent...and I won't tell you about the presentation so you will be surprised..The one thing they didn't get right was my drink. I ordered an Arnold Palmer and it did not taste like any Arnold Palmer I ever had, but it wasn't too bad as a non-alcoholic fizzy lemonade type drink. I certainly didn't need to send it back although they offered. I was too full from dinner, especially after having their lobster bisque too, that I could not have dessert last time...so I don't know what's on the menu, but you can easily check online. If you visit Puerto Rico, you must no miss this experience and you should definitely go at night because that's when they turn on all the gorgeous lighting and you will miss out during the day.