“Still one of the best!”
Review of Metropol

Metropol
Ranked #76 of 1,093 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We lived in Puerto Rico from 2000-2002, and we could always count on Metropol for an enjoyable family or couples meal. We returned 11 years later with our children and other relatives, and everybody loved it. I believe I had the Steak Metropol. In any event, we couldn't have been more pleased!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,224)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow, always wanted to stop by, but finally stayed in Isla Verde and could not have been happier. Friendly service with a smile. No wait for table, and the food could not have been better. The food was so good we decided to go back the next day to try other dishes. When the say authentic the mean it, I am very picky when it comes to authentic Puerto Rican and this was a delight. Will be one of my regulars when I return.

1  Thank Bori2
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Classic local and Cuban cuisine. Clearly this is a popular place with both locals and tourists as we were here the night before a cruise and it was packed with locals. Huge portions, friendly staff and great food. The rice and beans was wonderful. The snapper was incredible. Easy walk from many hotels.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner at Metropol. Our food was amazing! I had the grilled red snapper and it melted in my mouth. My husband had the can can pork chop and he loved it! The portions were huge and the prices were really good! Great food for a great deal!!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Almost just across the street from the Ritz Carlton, this is a great spot for good Puerto Rican/Cuban cuisine. Not much to look at, but the food is simple, authentic and good without the "sticker shock" of a good dinner in a resort area.