Facilities and access:
- Granted Old San Juan is small, but this hotel is very conveniently located. We were able to easily walk to all the sites. VERY CONVENIENT!
- BEAUTIFUL place. I LOVE antiques, and this place had the coolest antique furniture that were very TASTEFULLY placed throughout the hotel. It was so charming! And they use some sort of fragrance/air freshener throughout the facilities that made it smell so delightful =)
- Room was very very small :-/ But I don't hold that against them, it's the way old towns are built. People were smaller/less fat back in the days ;-)
- Rooftop terrace: so cute! There were these old-school claw foot bathtubs, I checked the faucet for one and it was fully functioning. You can probably soak in the tub in your bathing suit. They also had lounge seating everywhere. Again, very tasteful and cute.
- The lady who checked us in was very very nice, caring, and helpful. We had just come from the W on Vieques where we got mostly cool/snobbish service. This was the opposite. She chatted with us while she checked us in, then she wiped out a map and gave us a suggested route so that we can maximize our very short time in Old San Juan. She gave lots of very helpful suggestions and recommendations that in the end did truly help us maximize our stay.
- We had a super-early flight, before the time they normally set up breakfast. Well, they made an exception for us. By the time we went into the dining room, everything was set up. Thanks!
- We were in a rush, so all we had were croissants. Tasty enough, I liked the strawberry jam.
- We poured a glass of wine from their honor-system bar. It was a glass of pinot noir, and it was terrible! We paid for it anyways, but blech! We think the wine had gone bad. May we suggest a vacuum-sealed wine stopper to help preserve open bottles?
- Clean room, clean facilities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful boutique hotel in the middle of Old San Juan! Located just steps away from shops, restaurants and historical monuments in the city. Our hotel is filled with charm and history. Our beautiful rooms showcase antique Spanish and French furniture as well as true Spanish architecture. At our hotel, you will receive personalized service during your stay. Our primary goal is for you to enjoy what our city hast to offer and provide you with the best accommodations and information that there is to offer in Old San Juan! We hope you choose us as your place to stay in Old San Juan! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Herencia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Herencia Hotel San Juan