“Terrible, terrible, terrible”

Ranked #238 of 1,049 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We decided to go in because it was the only restaurant that was not full....that should have given us a clue!! We actually left after 20 min of waiting for our waiter to get our order, we actually tried to flag him down and he kept telling us he would be right back. After a while we just left and were not the only ones....

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Oh, my! YUM!!!! This is wonderful!
They took a perfectly roasted plantain, split it, added pork (you could choose pork, chicken or beef), wonderful sauce and mixed with their bits of lettuce, diced tomato, guac, sour cream, beans & rice....oh! my!!!!!! Heaven in a biteful!
We were just visiting San Juan after a cruise but if we lived there we WOULD BE REGULARS!!!!!
Nice waitstaff!!! Sea-salts & good smelling soaps in bathroom even! :)
Just a fun little place all around!!!!!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We visited Old San Juan, as part of a cruise over the Christmas holidays. We had a great visit to the town, and planned to eat before returning to the ship. The more touristy places were overflowing, so what a nice find it was to come across Lupi's. The staff couldn't have been friendlier, and the food was delicious. They recommended great choices for the six of us to try, and it was a wonderful meal! Other guests who went to the packed places, said they waited a long time for so-so food. We were glad we found Lupi's

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stumbled across Lupi’s for lunch while in Old San Juan. It was nice and cool inside and not crowded. Service was prompt and friendly. The chili relleno appetizer was really good. I had beef nachos and they were huge! I could only eat about 1/3 of it. I don’t remember what the others in my party had but they were happy with their meals. I find that everyone's tastes in Mexican food is very subjective so ... while not the best I've ever had, we thought it was good.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I used to visit this place everytime to eat their famous puertorrican nachos... So dissapointed, it was such a small appetizer now! Used to have more generous portions. The local clientele is suspect at best... Bummer