“Very good food and great music”

Carli Cafe Concierto
Ranked #581 of 1,036 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Kingston, Jamaica
“Very good food and great music”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were a party of 4 and last Friday night we enjoyed a fabulous evening at Carli's.My husband and I ordered the crab cakes and although they were small they were certainly the best we have had in a while; crisp on the outside and mouthwatering on the inside! My Stepmom enjoyed the cream of pumpkin soup. For entrees my husband and Stepmom had the fettucine shrimp special and found it delicious while I had the Rib eye steak medium well and it was very good.My Dad also enjoyed his Tilapia.The desserts were very good - I had the tiramisu and the wine, a French shiraz was just right.
The music was very good; Carli on the piano and the female vocalist had a strong but controlled voice and both gave a professional performance. The service was also good.
This is not a cheap restaurant but its good value considering all that we had the bill was just under $200. I would definitely recommend it as our experience was very pleasant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Beth S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“The worst dinner we had in old San Jaun”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We looked forward to going to this great Jazz restaurant.
My husband' pasta was average, the chicken I ordered was dry and hard to chew, the potatoes were burnt , the crab cakes small and overpriced. The bill was another shocker.

The piano playing started past eight. We were so disgusted as it was our first meal of the day.
and so disappointed that we left early .

San Juan has a lot of great restaurants which we use to look forward to each evening of our stay .

D. Taneja
Canada

past was

chicken I ordered was overlooked and dry, the potatoes were burnt, my husband's pasta was average and to top it all :::::::the total for our dinner came to $91.00
Without dessert.

San Juan has many great restaurants where we enjoyed eating.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible service”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was very slow before my food arrived, I had to repeat my order a few times. And in the end I found a hair in the plate! What kind of place is this? Of course they served me another plate in order to compensate. The atmosphere was good, first of all because of the band who was playing that does not have anything to do with the awful service. Dont go here, there plenty of fine places nerby.

1 Thank winepassion13
Denver
“Great soup, slow service”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Food was tasty. Had to ask for things multiple times from multiple people. Very slow service. Piano sounded great but too loud to hold a conversation.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best Mojito on the island!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Be sure to stop in here and order a mojito from the great Fausto, who showed us what a real mojito should be! Food was also delicious. There is a small area of outdoor seating, but inside it is a warm and cozy atmosphere, with piano music of course.

• Visited March 2013