“Was OK.............”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Dente

Al Dente
Ranked #82 of 992 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Was OK.............”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

There were 4 of us, Lasagna was OUTSTANDING!! 2 of us had the special, Mahi Mahi, it was OK, the potatoes and carrots that were served with it, were very good! The 4th person in our party had a seafood pasta dish, again, OK, nothing special. The Banana Bread Pudding on the other hand was incredible. Went back Sunday night for desert, they were closed. Very disappointed!! Service wasn't that great either.

TX
“Great Service For Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited Al Dente during our Spring Break Vacation with my family of 5. I have three girls who are picky eaters and all three of them loved it! The owner greeted our table and checked with us throughout the night. One of my daughters even wanted spaghetti with meatballs and even though it was not on the menu they made it for her! Food was excellent and we will definitely go back!

Franklin, Michigan
“Hmmmm...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Well, I wanted to like this restaurant and my husband had a bit better experience than I had. The Caesar was average, the caprese salad a bit better. My husband had the mani mani and said it was good. I unfortunately ordered the pumpkin ravioli instead of the lasagne and was a big mistake. They told me it was fresh homemade pasta but I have had fresh homemade pasta and it definitely wasn't. Chewy and thick and canned pumpkin. Dessert we decided to order tiramisu and it didn't taste fresh especially the cream layers. Overall, the bill was $130 w/o tip. Service was good but not worth the overall price of what we paid. I am well traveled have had great italian food including Italy, but this one fell way short. Sorry Al Dente...

Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Italian Food and Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped here for a late lunch. Both the food and service were outstanding. I had the pesto pasta and loved it. They also have a peach frozen drink which is a must try. One of the best drinks on the island. We tried to go back for a second time, and found them closed on Sunday afternoon.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Authentic Italian in Porto Rico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Excellent!! Comparable to the best in New York and Rome. Food was exquisite, lamb meatballs were amazing. Pasta was simply as good as it gets. Atmosphere is what you expect in a fine, "old world" Italian restuarant. Service was perfect, even though they had an exceptionally large private group in house. Appetizers, salads, main course, dessert and a bottle of wine for two was $115 before tip. Very good value! Another favorite of ours is El Mulino in New York and this restuarant is now on our short list also!