“Authentic Italian in Porto Rico”
Review of Al Dente

Al Dente
Ranked #83 of 1,033 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Authentic Italian in Porto Rico”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Excellent!! Comparable to the best in New York and Rome. Food was exquisite, lamb meatballs were amazing. Pasta was simply as good as it gets. Atmosphere is what you expect in a fine, "old world" Italian restuarant. Service was perfect, even though they had an exceptionally large private group in house. Appetizers, salads, main course, dessert and a bottle of wine for two was $115 before tip. Very good value! Another favorite of ours is El Mulino in New York and this restuarant is now on our short list also!

• Visited April 2014

Westfield, New Jersey
“Great authentic Italian”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Just finished great Italian meal at Al Dente. We showed up early for our reservation and were immediately seated. Wonderful service, a reasonably priced wine list and family friendly. After a week of seafood we were looking for straight-up pasta and found homemade, authentic pasta with great pesto and marinara sauces. Great dessert followed. Entire family loved it. Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2014
Litchfield, Connecticut
“A break from Caribbean food”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Very nice place to eat. Can eat outside which was nice. Wait staff very nice. Food was good. On the expensive side but you pay for what you get. Did not rush you to leave

Visited April 2014
Caguas, Puerto Rico
“Excellent Family Dinner!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best Italian Restaurant in Old San Juan! Escargots, Lasagna, Tortellini Al Dente, Pasta Alfredo... All was amazing! My 8 years old kid love this Restaurant! He like the Alfredo Sauce with Angel Hair and chicken. I tried the Lasagna and Escargots... Mmmmm delicious. This is the place for a very good italian experience!

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Amazing meal - stumbled upon it”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Al Dente was one of the best Italian meals I have had.

Like many people, I assume, my family and I found it after visiting El Moro. Also like many people, we had heard that Raceis was supposed to be good but discovered that it had a huge wait that was far beyond my own impatient nature, nor the likely tolerance of my three young kids who were already complaining that they were starving.

We noticed Al Dente next door and went for it simply because tables were readily available... and we are glad that we did. First, the wait staff was incredibly responsive when I asked if we could order quickly since my young kids were beginning to melt. They were polite and got our drinks to us right away.

My wife ordered a margarita that she also described as one of the best ever. Since my wife is prone to superlatives, but has also drank her fair share of margaritas in life, I tried it for myself and had to agree. It was excellent -- and not made from a pre-mix.

For our meal, we ordered the pesto pasta, carbonarra, and churrasco to share. Each dish was amazing. We couldn't believe that the place wasn't packed like Raceis next door. Nor could we imagine that its neighbor could possibly be much better.

I would definitely go back and highly recommend it!

• Visited March 2014