“Good Italian Meal”
Review of Al Dente - CLOSED

Al Dente
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had travelled around the island for a week and wanted a change from the local cusine. After looking at other reviews of this restaurant we decided to give Al Dente a try. My husband had the veal chop with mushroom risotto which was excellent. The veal was cooked just right - about medium. I had the pasta pescatore with shrimp, squid, scallops and mussels over linguine which was tasty. The service was a bit sketchy with staff doing multiple tasks, but generally very pleasant and attentive. We would definitely come back.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was the best Italian food that I have eaten outside of being in Italy. They service was great, our Waiter was the best. I will definitely be going back on our next trip to San Juan. Just wish I would of found this place the 1st time we were in San Juan.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for lunch. The food and service was very good, but expensive (over $110 for for of us with no alcohol). I would come back, but probably only for a nice dinner out.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were not expecting much going into an Italian place on a popular tourist street in Old San Juan, but this place was amazing! The Rissotto was perfectly made and absolutely delicious, and I've been dreaming about the coconut Panna Cotta since we left. I need some delivered!!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Everything was absolutely delicious!! Gluten free pasta option, too!! Yay! The owner was there and spoke with us about the restaurant, talked to our children, told us all about the menu and made recommendations! He is so nice and the service and food were both EXCELLENT! Can't wait to go back and eat there again!