“Almost Like being in Italy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Dente

Al Dente
Ranked #69 of 980 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, South Carolina
“Almost Like being in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was the best Italian food that I have eaten outside of being in Italy. They service was great, our Waiter was the best. I will definitely be going back on our next trip to San Juan. Just wish I would of found this place the 1st time we were in San Juan.

• Visited June 2013

Ohio
“Good food but pricey.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for lunch. The food and service was very good, but expensive (over $110 for for of us with no alcohol). I would come back, but probably only for a nice dinner out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing genuine Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were not expecting much going into an Italian place on a popular tourist street in Old San Juan, but this place was amazing! The Rissotto was perfectly made and absolutely delicious, and I've been dreaming about the coconut Panna Cotta since we left. I need some delivered!!

• Visited May 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Everything was absolutely delicious!! Gluten free pasta option, too!! Yay! The owner was there and spoke with us about the restaurant, talked to our children, told us all about the menu and made recommendations! He is so nice and the service and food were both EXCELLENT! Can't wait to go back and eat there again!

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Let me start by saying (as one other reviewer did) that I am an Italian food snob, and have never had a decent Italian meal in the 7 years I've been coming to PR. Maybe I'm setting the bar high, but I don't feel cheddar cheese belongs on my pizza or my pasta dish. So despite the good ratings on tripadvisor for this place (the only reason I went) my expectations were low. I was quite pleasantly surprised! It was an early dinner so the place wasn't busy, but the staff was friendly and professional. The atmosphere is cool and welcoming inside. The wine list was quite good, and the bread was fresh and hot. The menu is actually Italian, not some crazy Puerto Rican / Italian fusion (no mofongo here!). Not just your standard spaghetti and meatballs either. The antipasto was fresh and very generous for 2 of us. The third had calamari and raved about it. The chicken Contadina was excellent and my friends both loved the Veal Marsala and the Risotto special. We had creme brulee and banana bread pudding for dessert and both were excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend this place, and will return the next time I'm in San Juan.

• Visited May 2013