“Great Lunch”

Sofia Italian Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dear Guest: We are under RENOVATION to improve business facilities from May 27- July 31, 2015 Authentic italian cuisine with mediterranean flavors.Pasta, thin-crust pizza, risotto, seafood, meats and a variety of italian wines with affordable prices. Open for lunch and dinner from 12:00noon - 10:00:pm Families with children are welcome Available for groups, buy-out or just for a romantic dinner for 2
Whitsett NC
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Sofia's is a great place for lunch. We were in San Juan from a cruise ship, walking around Old San Juan and picked this place based on their posted menu. The restaurant is small, but nicely decorated. The service was a little slow, but they were busy. We tried to order meatballs and ravolli, but they had sold out of these items for lunch (we were there around 2:00 pm). The caprese salad and cesar salad with chicken was excellent. Pizza was very good. I would definitely recommend trying this place for dinner as well. We hope to go back on our next visit to San Juan.

• Visited July 2013

Miami, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excelent italian food in old San Juan!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

if you like good food and great location you must try it!
At the entrance of the old San Juan the restaurant offers great Italian food and a cozy nice ambiance!

• Visited June 2013
“Certified Napolitan Pizzería”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Being certified by the Italian Government as the only VERACE PIZZA NAPOLETANA local in Puerto Rico ensures you are treated to tradition and quality ingredients.

This colorful neighborhood restaurant is a local favorite offering a wide variety of plates including my favorite Osobucco with Risotto. Great italian wine list and home made Limoncello add to the experience. Owners Sandro and Mireya are glad to sit and chat at your request.

• Visited June 2013
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my favorite restaurant in OSJ until yesterday. I was charged $2.50 for a sprite refill. I have never been charged for a refill in the past (I'm a frequent customer and I ate there recently (two weeks ago). The server seemed to be new as this is the first time I have ever seen her. She asked if I wanted another sprite and I said yes. She never mentioned there would be a charge for the refill or that it would be $2.50. This is outrageous and it has left a very bad taste. They just lost two good customers.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mercedes B
“A must when in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I are huge fan of Italian food. So I never would have thought of finding a great Italian restaurant in San Juan, Puerto Rico. From the minute you walk in the door, Sofia's breaks that misconception. Beautiful atmosphere, excellent wine and drinks (We recommend their white sangria, it's delicious), great service and staff, very reasonable prize wise, and delicious, delicious food. That's why Sofia is a must for us when we visit Puerto Rico.

• Visited December 2012