“A must when in Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sofia Italian Kitchen & Bar - CLOSED

Sofia Italian Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Dear Guest: We are under RENOVATION to improve business facilities from May 27- July 31, 2015 Authentic italian cuisine with mediterranean flavors.Pasta, thin-crust pizza, risotto, seafood, meats and a variety of italian wines with affordable prices. Open for lunch and dinner from 12:00noon - 10:00:pm Families with children are welcome Available for groups, buy-out or just for a romantic dinner for 2
“A must when in Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I are huge fan of Italian food. So I never would have thought of finding a great Italian restaurant in San Juan, Puerto Rico. From the minute you walk in the door, Sofia's breaks that misconception. Beautiful atmosphere, excellent wine and drinks (We recommend their white sangria, it's delicious), great service and staff, very reasonable prize wise, and delicious, delicious food. That's why Sofia is a must for us when we visit Puerto Rico.

• Visited December 2012

Dorado, Puerto Rico
“Affordable Piece of Italy in Old San Juan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was reluctant at first but this very rustic and antique restaurant was surprissingly enjoyable with a small but great selection of homemade pasta and fresh meat. Wine List has a decent sample for all tastes. The price was great and the food was simply delicious. There are other fancier and pricey italian restaurants in Old San Juan but this one gives them a run for their money. Food takes a little but everything was fresh. The decoration based on actress Sofía Loren was beautiful. You feel like eating in a regular restaurant at Italy in the middle of Old SJ.

• Visited June 2013
Carolina, Puerto Rico
“Very Good Italian Food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been to this restaurant at least 4 times in 2013 and it has been a very consistent experience. The service is good, but I wouldn't call it "Very good." A "very good" rating can be easily given to the food, which has always been to my liking. When these are combined with the atmosphere and the fact that it is never very crowded, makes it very easy for me to recommend this restaurant to couples.

I would recommend their Filetto di Pesce alla Siciliana, easily the best dish I've ordered in this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
“Disappointed in service, food just okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The appetizers (cheese and meat tray and risotto balls) we tasty but the Caesar salad had no taste and the Caprese salad was bland. Dinner was pretty good but the server shoved our entries out with our salad "because it was all ready." Drink service was slow even though there were only 2 other tables occupied. Owner walked by our 3some several times without asking about our meal and while our glasses set empty. We asked if the overhead fans could be turned down from monsoon setting but no action was taken so I hid my arms under the table. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Visited June 2013
Warrensburg, Missouri
“Nice Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I enjoyed the vibe in the place. Very laid back. I just had a mango mojito which was yum and the calamari which was not so yum. Others in my group had meals and said everything was good. It did take a while for them to bring the check.

• Visited May 2013