“Consistently Excellent”

Sofia Italian Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dear Guest: We are under RENOVATION to improve business facilities from May 27- July 31, 2015 Authentic italian cuisine with mediterranean flavors.Pasta, thin-crust pizza, risotto, seafood, meats and a variety of italian wines with affordable prices. Open for lunch and dinner from 12:00noon - 10:00:pm Families with children are welcome Available for groups, buy-out or just for a romantic dinner for 2
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our third visit to this restraunt . We drove about one hour each way just to eat there, which should be a clue to how much we enjoy Sophia. The ambience, the food and the service were, as always excellent. My wife had the spaghetti, which come with lots of large meatballs (the best I have tasted); my sister had the lasagna, which is huge; and I had the risotto with asparagus and shrimp. Everything was excellent! Try the house sangrias, I recommend the white.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The food and atmosphere were very good. The service was not. The waiters need some training. Would go again though!

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Loved the restaurant's decor and atmosphere. Very soothing place away from the hustle of the streets. Try the Italian tapas plate of meat, cheeses, and olives to start. The pitcher of sangria really hit the spot too.

1  Thank drsives
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stopped at Sofia for lunch, not having heard or read anything about it. We were pleasantly surprised at the good food, service, and atmosphere. My wife got a hamburger (couldn't believe she ordered a hamburger at an Italian restaurant) but she raved about it. I got the Salmon sandwich (I guess I should talk) and it was great. I think what was special is they both came with Provolone cheese melted on them and the "buns" were very special. We saw a few Pizzas being brought by our table and they looked like they were well prepared.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

After eating in some restaurants in Old San Juan where the food was very good, but the service was poor and the restaurants seemed dirty, this one was a welcome surprise.