“Excellent Itralian Food in a Lovely Atmosphere”
Review of Sofia Italian Kitchen & Bar - CLOSED

Sofia Italian Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dear Guest: We are under RENOVATION to improve business facilities from May 27- July 31, 2015 Authentic italian cuisine with mediterranean flavors.Pasta, thin-crust pizza, risotto, seafood, meats and a variety of italian wines with affordable prices. Open for lunch and dinner from 12:00noon - 10:00:pm Families with children are welcome Available for groups, buy-out or just for a romantic dinner for 2
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Simple yet well made Italian food right on San Fransisco Street. Very pretty, romantic atmosphere with high quality service.

There are newer reviews for Sofia Italian Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband, daughter and I had a nice family dinner here in Old San Juan. Meal was delicious, arrived hot, and generous portions. Good wine selection, and the desserts were absolutely to die for. Service was very good, very attentive waiter........

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I as curious to visit this restaurant every time I go to the Old San Juan. Finally I when with my family and was surprise with the good food, great service and value for the money. Genuine Italian, cute and fun place to go.

1  Thank Carlos M V
Reviewed September 25, 2012

our family went to this restaurant by reference, but unfortunately we had a bad experience. I order risotto which was undercooked, my hushand's plate also bad choice for the price. My son in law found a piece of glass in his soda!!!. My daughter's plate under qualify for the price and NO taste at all.

NAPOLITANONAPOLITANO, Owner at Sofia Italian Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

We are very sorry to hear your un-satisfaction of your overall experienced in our restaurant.
But we strongly recommend next time you visit any establishment to please let the management know about it, specially if you found a piece of "glass" the alert will go on immediately to change our entire ice bins and to make sure everything is save and clear of danger. We are always there to take care any problems that may upraise and we are committed to guarantee satisfaction to our clients.

Best,
Sofia
Owner

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The food was really delicious, we had two pizzas and a pesto pasta, all very fresh and yummy. Now, the service was a bit off. The restaurant was empty but we had to wait about 45 mins for two pizzas and a pesto pasta. Our waiter was never around so we had to ask another waiter (a very nice one) for drinks. When it was time to pay, the check couldn't be split, so we decided to pay with credit card and tip him in cash. As soon as he saw 0 on the tipping part of the credit slip he yelled "really, you are not going to leave me any tip?!", right in the middle of the bar which was half full. What the heck, what kind of waiter does that?!! My sister got super angry and wanted to leave without tipping him but I convinced her and we gave him the tip. It's a shame that such deliciousness was tampered by the awful service.

Thank you for taking time and sending us your comments. We are VERY SORRY for the unacceptable behavior of the waiter and we do not tolerate anyone's greed over a tip NOT deserve at all, unfortunately this person was on probation and definitely not part of our team anymore.
We would love to show you our hospitality, next time your are in Old San Juan, please visit us for a well deserve treat.

Best,