“Try the mofongo (mashed plantains) and stay for the craft beer”
Review of Old Harbor Brewery - CLOSED

Old Harbor Brewery
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

As the first large eating establishment I tried in Puerto Rico, I was interested to find out what Mofongo was...after a 10 day trip I can say that theirs was still my favorite! Tried other pub fare (fried mini fritters) and would definitely have gone back to the mofongo instead. I asked politely and they brought both the creole and garlic sauces so I could try both. I thought the creole was better but enjoyed the garlic, too. Don't expect very (hot) spicy foods in Puerto Rico - the spices are there but the heat is lacking, so be adventurous with your choices.

Old Harbor is one of the few microbreweries in Puerto Rico. It was fun to try out the local beer instead of the ever-present Medalla (which still wasn't bad). Got to meet the brewmaster who was very nice and knowledgeable. Made a special trip the morning of my flight out so I could try the Taíno beer since it had been sold out earlier and I was very glad I did...it ended up my favorite of the 5 they had at the time.

There are newer reviews for Old Harbor Brewery

Reviewed December 31, 2013

A good choice of decent microbrews at reasonable prices ($5.95 for a 'pint' sized glass). Not as good as some of the microbrews we've had in other parts of the US but a welcome change to the local Medalla beer!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I've been many times now! Our first, we were very surprised... We new the beer would be great (Puerto Ricans know flavor) and it is. . . but the food was very tasty. They have topical native dishes. We loved it. The services is great and very friendly!

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The kitchen closed before midnight while the restaurant was full. I came alone and nobody come to my table to serving. Every time I visit PR I like to stop by OHB. I'm very unhappy with the service.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This place is an excellent microbrewery located in Old San Juan. Being a beer snob I was wondering how this place would produce, after every local beer recommendation was Medella. This place was awesome, great brewery atmosphere. When you go get the sample, you won't regret it, you'll be able to sample all of the current beers. Once you've sampled a few don't forget to try to beer tower. The food is also delicious. Overall a great brew pub.