“Excellent beer and a lovely burger”
Review of Old Harbor Brewery - CLOSED

Old Harbor Brewery
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My friend and I wanted to try some "local" food as we were walking around Old San Juan, but she wasn't feeling as adventurous as I was...so we settled on Old Harbor Brewery. It had a great atmosphere, and our server was great! He answered any questions we had and chatted with us for a little. He was genuinely happy and attentive. We couldn't decide which beer to get, so he offered to let us have a flight of all of them! It was great! I fell in love with the Kofresi beer! I even bought a ($7!) growler for my husband. (We drank that by the pool the next day!) I had a wonderful burger and switched the fries for mofongo, which was excellent! All in all, it was a nice little place to have a meal. Not necessarily authentic Puerto Rican, but comfortable!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our visit to Puerto Rico was during a particularly rainy time. We enjoyed walking around Old San Juan and touring the forts before it started raining again, so we hopped on the free trolley to ride around town a little bit. Since it was still raining, we stopped in Old Harbor Brewery and were happy to find that they had their own craft beer on tap. We didn't eat, just had a couple beers each at the bar. The service was good and the bartender was friendly enough. Between us we had the Santo Viejo Lager Pilsner, the Kofresi Stout, and we both had the Old Harbor Pale Ale. We enjoyed them all and were happy to find local beer with some flavor.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I'm always a little hesitant to check out a place so antithetical to the experience of the city I'm visiting, but I couldn't keep passing this place by every visit without giving it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. Our server was extremely friendly and attentive. The food was great and generously proportioned, if not a little pricey. And of course, the beer is made fresh on site and just perfect for a cool break during a hot day. Incidentally, all of the hops are imported from Germany; Puerto Rico's climate is not suitable to their cultivation. So, even though this is so NOT the authentic Puerto Rican experience, it's still a worthwhile visit. I think families would do well here, too.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Service at bar was great. We had some delicious appetizers and sancocho. Then we had a steak that was ok but not much flavor, the ripe plantaines and tostones were excellent!. Overall it was good and the bartenders were awesome. Is a nice place to enjoy craft beer on tap.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Nice place to relax and have a beer after walking the streets of Old San Juan! Found the beer to be refreshing after a long day of shopping. The appetizers were good and filling.