“Good is horrible... cool place for a beer I guess”
Review of Old Harbor Brewery - CLOSED

Old Harbor Brewery
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

People say beer is good... it might be... but the food is just horrible. There are so many places to eat in Old San Juan that are just wonderful, skip this one. The place looks cool but it's the worst food I've had in SJ. The shrimp tempura tasted like old frying oil, the pizza was just ok for the kids, the "mofongo" squashed plantain filled with lobster was sweet! (never ever before, horrible) my husband left it without eating a thing and left immediately... My steak... well, let's just say they use the typical adobo (all spice) and that's it, I asked for a mushroom sauce to try to fix it or get more flavor and it was even worse. The worst mushroom sauce you'll ever try.

Pick another col place unless you are hanging out with friends and want the locally made beer served in a yard glass.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Since this is the only craft brewery on the island, we went here to check out the beer. My husband, who knows a lot about beer, wasn't very impressed. He had the pale ale and said it was good, but not remarkable. I had the Coqui, which is a nice, light, easy-drinking beer that I thought was pretty good for the warm weather. Their portions are small and the prices are a bit high. I had an eggplant dish that was mediocre and my husband had skirt steak that was ok; neither one came with a side dish. The service was kind of poor. Our waitress didn't come to check on us after we got our food and then she took a break halfway through and pushed us off on her "partner." The partner was pretty good considering we were not his original table. They also have a unique decor that is a combination of pirate (uniforms for female waitresses are slightly reminiscent) and German (uniforms for waiters resemble lederhosen). They also have a pirate hanging over the main floor and one near the door that looks a bit like Jack Sparrow. Go, if you must, to check out the beer, but the food isn't worth it.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stopped in while shopping in Old San Juan. Great beers and cute atmosphere! A little off the beaten path but worth the stop!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Lobster was very hard to chew, food was below average, BUT the BEER is very good. One thing they should do why dont offer Lobster Bisque when you have live Lobster. Will Not go back

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Food was good, staff were great. It was our first date and we lost track of time. They had to unlock the doors so we could leave! Very accommodating :)