Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
So cool!

Myself and my kids (18 & 21) really enjoyed this adventure! Well organized and Gary and his crew... read more

Reviewed March 23, 2019
Gordy414
Cleveland, Ohio
via mobile
Excellent trip to see the bioluminescence

After reading various reviews we approached this will a little skepticism. As there were 5 of us I... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
uktravailer
West Chester, Pennsylvania

All reviews bug spray change of clothes bio bay bioluminescent plankton meeting point cool experience laguna grande highlight of our trip a lot of fun kayakers lagoon paddling mangroves boats channels stroke oar
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2019

I've never kayaked before, and was nervous from reading some reviews. It was SO EASY! Took absolutely no strength at all. The water was so calm and smooth, we just coasted along. The pitch dark mangrove was so peaceful, and you follow each other single file, I told my husband I felt like we were on a Disney ride! Then before you know it, it opens up to a huge lagoon where every stroke of your oar, or swish of your hand in the water lights up beautiful blue glow! Magical! I enjoyed the explanation our guide gave about these bioluminescent plankton. Such a cool experience. Then back to the launch, where there are several open air bars and restaurants. Our driver gave us some time to get food and cocktails before taking us back to our resort. Our guides Gary, Manny, Giovanni, and Christian (the best! Christian was the best! ;) were all so much fun! Loved them all!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Hello, I took the tour yesterday, 09.02.2019 and it was incredible! Perfect experience of seeing the lagoon shining because of the dinoflagellates! in addition, the staff that accompanied us were extremely helpful, both before and during and after the tour. I rented a car and went with my family, the IKA team emailed me the detailed address to get to the place of the tour. there, they gave us repellent, snack and water! I recommend.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

We went at night to see the glowing water. It was a complete waste of time. The whole trip was an hour and a half, and we got to see the glowing water for maybe 20 minutes. The rest were spent using all our strength, and hyperventilating for air while pushing the kayak against the wind. It really is harder than it looks. Majority of the time it was also pitch black, and the tour guide could not care less about where we were. I lost the rest of the group multiple times including the guides so there was no one there to warn me about incoming turns so I wouldn’t bump into any land or tree branches. Also, the glowing water is definitely not what you see when you look it up on Google. Those pictures are heavily edited. We were told to splash around to see the glow but I really did not see anything extraordinary, just a couple of white lights. Basically, do not waste your time and money to go here. If you really want to see the Bio Bay just look it up on Google, that is definitely a better experience.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

Brochure pictures are nothing like the real thing. Mosquito bites were terrible even with OFF bug spray. It was good couple building exercise but you can kayak anywhere really.... I wouldn't recommend this unless you are really into nature

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed April 2, 2017

If this is your very first time to kayak I would think again. Our family has been kayaking several times, so we were definitely some of the more experienced ones out there. However, the lack of experience in the other kayakers made it difficult for us to enjoy it as much.

There are several kayak companies leaving around the same time and the two way traffic in and out of the mangroves often make it difficult to stay on a straight path. The guides do a great job making sure everyone gets through the mangroves in the dark, but the ones who didn't know how to steer a kayak often came at us sideways hitting our kayaks and pushing us further back making it difficult to steer.

It would be nice if only one kayaking group was going through the mangroves at one time. I had my hopes set really high on this trip and came away slightly disappointed.

Date of experience: March 2017