“Nooo! Avoid it!!!”

Restaurant El Taino
Reviewed July 24, 2012

As everybody else, we were scammed by the old guy in the booth. We went to this terrible place. It smell weird, worst food ever, overpriced and they charged us 17% tip... Please,Avoid this place!!

1  Thank experiencia2

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Generally I don't find my life revolving around the need of smartphone technology, but it would've come in handy when we were hungry after touring Rio Camuy Caverns. The owner of El Taino hangs out at the entrance telling people "best mofongo" at his restaurant down the road. HOR-I-BLE. A large dining area was serviced by 1 1/2 waitresses (why 1 1/2? because the second one didn't seem to be helping much). We waited forever for our food, and the food was terrible. My meat was so dry and tough it might as well have been jerky. With no flavor. Plus they charged us for an alcoholic drink that I didn't order. We just didn't notice because my husband handed her the card as soon as she brought the bill so we wouldn't have to wait another 20 minutes to get out of there.

1  Thank kcjanae
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Don’t believe the little old charming man at the caves, STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY!!! Horrible food, they probably serve better food in the jails of PR than here. I’m dead serious. And they have nerve to be pricey. These people are absolutely insane.

2  Thank MissBrooklynRiz
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We like off the beaten path so when the guard at the security office recommend this place we were excited to try after our excursion in the caves. Let me tell you things appeared to be ok at first; language barrier of course. The waitress seemed nice yet never gave us our drinks until way after we received our meal but it was the worst food I have ever tasted. Everything is microwaved and overpriced. Please do yourself a favor and just eat at the snack bar at the caves.If I could give this place a 0 I would. Oh yea, at the bar there were mats flying everywhere.

1  Thank Cjlee2
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Same story as others reported. A man at the gate of the Camuy Caves told us about the delicious El Taino restaurant with amazing mofongo. The food was bland, greasy, and overpriced. Don't get suckered!

2  Thank mishibell