“Walk to Playa Colora from Seven Seas”
Review of Seven Seas Beach

Ranked #150 of 584 things to do in Puerto Rico
More attraction details
Owner description: Part of La Cabezas Nature Reserve, this is a prime beach for relaxing.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Walk to Playa Colora from Seven Seas”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Ok- correct. Seven Seas beach isn't great. In fact if I hadn't of read the other reviews about Playa Colora, I would have been really disappointed. However, we were headed to Bio Bay in Fajardo that evening and wanted to go to a different beach. So I did some research. Like many other reviews say here is how you get to Playa Colora from Seven Seas:

Looking at the water- walk all the way to your left (ALL the way!!) You will see a small path through the woods (a little uphill at first) but it is a clearly defined small path. You won't miss it. It is muddy (you are in a rainforest) and it is a longer 20-30 min hike. I don't recommend children or non-adventurous people. We had to remove our sandals immediately and walk the entire thing barefoot (which yes hurt) but the mud was at times 4-6 in. deep and it is rocky at points. BUT it is sooo worth it.
Ok- so you the trail quickly comes to a "T" and you turn right. You will come out to a crappy small beach and see another trail. Take that then you will come to a "Y" with a sign to "Playa Colora" to the right. We took this trail as we were hot and sweaty. The beach was gorgeous and we were the only 2 out there on a Saturday- The waves are tough and definetly not as safe to swim, but if you are a good swimmer you will be fine. I didn't make it to the other beach near there bc I couldn't remember the directions (I suggest writing these down) so I don't know where the left part of the "Y" leads or anything about climbing over the rocks. Also there are no vendors really anywhere on Seven Seas or obviously these secluded beaches- so pack some food and drinks (but you obviously can't carry a cooler through the rain forest)

Visited May 2012
4 Thank NickiPitt1234

Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“a joke to get there”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

not worth trying to find it, it is very dirty, as is Luquillo beach is even worse. I am guessing the west coast surely must be better?

Visited May 2012
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Hidden treasure.”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The main beach is like any regular beach with a lot of people at it, its only ok. Most people probably wouldnt be impressed with it, because most people wouldnt come all the way to puerto rico for that type of beach.

But if you read some other reviewers, there are 2 other beaches here that are beautiful that you need to traverse through a small tropical(of course) forest to get to them, probably about a 20-30 min hike if i remember correctly. The thing is when you get to the main beach there is no way to know about the other 2 unless you see people entering the trail or someone tells you about it, because the entrance to the trail is too the far left. So if you want a little bit of adventure I suggest going to these 2 other beaches, they are smaller, excluded, exotic, and very nice I beleive both are red sand beaches. You'll get some nice pictures at the other 2. I'll post some pictures of them.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank PAhene
Houston, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“There's better beaches in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This beach was so-so. I found most of the other beaches better. When we were there, the water was on the murky side. Also, it goes from shallow water to deeper water fairly quickly. If I had to do it again, I would have skipped the Seven Seas Beach.

Visited April 2012
Redding, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“head to Playa Colora at the end of point on left”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Leverage facilities, but head to Private Beaches to Left (assuming you are a strong careful swimmer). You'll see a small, slightly overgrown trail at the left end of Sevens Seas beach. Take that trail until it ends and turn right. Follow this trail until it ends at what's known as Playa el Convento. You can hike up the beach to the right and scramble up a rocky outcrop for an incredible view of the Corridor and/or hike right beyond the governor's beach house to the Corridor's best bathing beach.

Visited April 2012