“Absolutely amazing!!”
Review of Lime Tree Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Mountains National Park
Lime Tree Farm
Reviewed July 3, 2009

A truely wonderful place where you can do as much, or as little as you like. The Blue Mountains are spectacular. Lime Tree Farm is perfect. Suzie, Charlie, Roger, Leroy, Alex, Keisha and Jet Li all made us very welcome. We arrived as strangers, and left as friends. We arrived after dark ,and so had no real idea what the Lime Tree, and the surrounding area looked like. By 5.30 the next morning we were up watching the sunrise and taking in the spectacular views. The cottages are lovely ,and have every facility you need to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Lime Tree Farm has been very thoughtfully landscaped to make the very best of the location.There are many different plants and flowers to be admired, and they attract the local wildlife, especially the birds. Lime Tree is still near enough to visit Kingston, but far enough away to make you feel that you are well into the heart of the country. The meals created by Suzie and Keisha were wonderful. There was so much delicious stuff to eat at every sitting we must have put on pounds!! Whilst we were there Roger was an excellent guide taking us to the Chinchona Botanical Garden,(well worth it), and Strawberry Hill. He made every excursion extremely enjoyable and catered to all our needs. Thanks Roger we really appreciated it. We spent a marvellous morning bird watching with Ryan, eating the local produce, cheeseberries and bilberries. Ryan is extremely knowledgeable about birds, and the Blue Mountains. He is very passionate about the area and the wildlife, and that made the trip very enjoyable. A bit like having you own personal David Attenborough. We spent a morning at Mavis Bank, the world famous coffee factory where Barbara gave us a tour. She went to great lengths to explain the whole process to us. I am renown for only drinking hot water. but I tried the coffee at the factory, and it is really very smooth. Well worth the trip to purchase it direct from the source at a very reasonable price. There was so much more to do, treking, Lime Cay, Kingston, if we wanted. All in all this was a wonderful holiday. We picked Lime Tree thinking it was a special place for our 30th wedding anniversay, and a very belated honeymoon, and we were not disappointed in any way. We will be going back again....

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KristaLondon

Reviewed May 6, 2009

We had a fabulous weekend with Lime Tree! Charlie, Suzie, Tiffany and Alex all made the weekend very special. Jamaica has a few gems, and this is one of them. We had a great time hiking, even with our short legged kids, we had a great morning. Cinchona Gardens was lovely, and we can't wait to share it and Lime Tree Farm with friends. Suzi, your food was fabulous! And, your American style pancakes are still being raved about by Salina and Reed. We look forward to having Lime Tree to our corner of Jamaica. http://www.gcjamaica.com

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I work for the military in Afghanistan, and for my R&R my wife and I decided to go to Jamaica. We stayed at two resorts on the north coast, and Lime Tree Farm. Of the three places, Lime Tree Farm was by far the most beautiful. I see the word "breathtaking" a lot when reading other reviews. I can't think of another word that aptly describes the views. With every turn of the head, another spectacular view, and I wanted to take another picture. I've been to a lot of places in the world, and Lime Tree Farm is right up there at the top.

The coffee plantation is run by a couple, Charlie & Suzie, and they made us feel welcome and at home. Suzie cooked all the meals, and again, I've tasted a lot of cuisine from around the world, and her genuine Jamaican recepies were the best I've ever had. Her soups were incredible, and I particularly remember the pumpkin soup.

The rooms were neat and clean, and the grounds, landscaped by Charlie, were in excellent condition, and indeed stunning -- something gorgeous at every turn. I won't lie, the road were bad, but the roads are bad in Afghanistan too. Some of the mountain roads were sheer cliff on one side, and sheer drop-off on the other. I recall seeing a rainbow, below me, sprouting from the lush mountain vegitation -- no pictures though, I was driving. (No wonder the first James Bond film was set in Jamaica.) But that's all part of the adventure. A more-than-beautiful backdrop, a little fear, clean and comfortable amenities, and great food and warm hospitality all make for an unforgettable adventure in Jamaica. Definately not a trip you would regret making.

1  Thank Dave44_9
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We chose Lime Tree Farm as we wanted to get a taste of the real Jamaica and we weren't disappointed. The location of Lime Tree Farm was breathtaking, the food was wonderful and the cottage was private, quiet, clean and comfortable. But the best aspect of our stay was the hospitality of Charlie & Suzie. They really went out of their way to look after us - guiding us on hikes, transporting us on mountain roads, feeding us lovely Jamaican food and teaching us about Jamaica and the Blue Mountains without ever being intrusive or overbearing. It was just totally relaxing and we ended up feeling like part of the family! I would definitely recommend Lime Tree Farm to anyone thats looking for the chance to connect with a Jamaican family in a spectacular and relaxing setting.

I really hope that we can go back some day!

1  Thank mynci
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I've never been anywhere quite like Lime Tree Farm: for its mixture of hospitality, sunshine and natural beauty I'd easily rate it up there with St Lucia's wonderful Inn on The Bay. Charlie and Susie (and Roger and Tiffany) made us feel like family friends. We enjoyed all Susie's cooking - especially the breakfasts, different every day. There were more exotic fruits than I can remember, and we were able to pick our own oranges, grapefruits and mandarins straight from the tree. Charlie took us to an almost deserted botanic garden, guided us up mule tracks in the mountains and even found us a (cricket) test match to enjoy in Kingston. Wherever we went, from the capital to the mountains we never felt less than safe and well looked after.
Lime Tree Farm is not a conventional hotel, but it is an great Carribean experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We recently spent two weeks in Jamaica, and 3 days of that was spent at Lime Tree Farm. The trip there from Lucea was hell, but the beauty of the mountains made it worth while. The accomodations and the food were out of this world. It is definately a change from the resorts. The only down fall is that there isn't a lot to do there other than bird watching and hiking. If you want pools, open bars and beaches this isn't for you. It is a good place to spend a couple of days to relax and enjoy nature.

2  Thank madelaine28
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Our visit to Lime Tree was the start of a two week holiday in Jamaica to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. Arriving at night after a long flight the transfer was seamless and we were welcomed with a meal at Lime Tree Farm. As has been mentioned in other reviews the view that greats you on the first morning is something you will never forget, absolutely breathtaking and combined with the peace and tranquility it made for a magical start to our holiday. All the staff/owners at Lime Tree are real people and real friendly, the meals are eaten together around a long communal table and you are immediately made to feel part of the family. The hike was good fun and I would describe suitable for moderately fit and adventurous types, again rewarded with great views. My only regret was that we had to leave after a couple of nights, I could have easily spent another few days chilling out and enjoying Susie's good home cooking and chatting with everyone. A short visit but one we'll remember and hope to return some time soon.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
#4 of 25 in Kingston
Blue Mountain Wilderness Retreat
Blue Mountain Wilderness Retreat
#2 of 2 in Blue Mountains National Park

Been to Lime Tree Farm? Share your experiences!