Let me start off by saying that this hotel is in the most beautiful location, high up in the Blue Mountains with views to die for! The hotel itself and the rooms are nice, we even had a room with a balcony (it was called a suite and also had a little fridge in it). The management/staff however, is a disgrace! We have stayed here twice, the first time in 2009 and the second time in 2010 and both times we were disappointed, not by the establishment itself, but by how it is run. Upon arrival of our first visit, we were told that meal prices are very cheap by of the ladies that work there, only to find out at check-out that we had been charged hefty amounts for the meals. We weren't happy and did mention our disapproval, but paid it and left...we didn't want this to put a damper on our stay there. Then, the following year, we decided to stay there again for a few nights. I was assured by management that there was now a printed menu with prices for all meals (in JA$$ and also in US$$), so we felt encouraged to go there again. Upon arrival of this second visit, there was NO MENU anywhere...the ladies didn't know even what we were talking about when we asked for a menu. Determined not to make the same mistake, we asked and were quoted a price for breakfast and dinner. When it was time to check-out, the prices that were on the bill were double of what we had been quoted! This time I spoke up and complained and asked them to call management, which they did, but management didn't want to speak to us and just told the lady (who was also the cook) to tell us that those are the correct prices and that's what we needed to pay. Needless to say, we were very upset! We did pay but vowed not to come back here again, because noone wants to get lied to and ripped off. Another thing we found to be very odd, is the fact that the owners of the hotel (they apparently live in England), arrived and sat on the very same verandah as we did, and not once did they acknowledge us or say "hello".....and we were the only guests that were there at the time. Not that we wanted some big ado or anything, but it would've been nice of them to greet us. After returning home from our trip, I emailed management and complained about the "food situation" and though they did respond, all they said was "we're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us". That was it. I hate to leave a bad review and I hate to have to say that I would not go there again...but it's the truth. The only other option would be to stay without purchasing any meals, but that's pretty much impossible because there no stores or anything anywhere near-by...and we didn't have a microwave or stove anyway, so that didn't really matter. This property is in such a lovely location, too bad it is so mis-managed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush bossom of the Blue Mountains, simple country elegance,and comfort is Starlight Chalet & health Spa. Spacious, warm and cozy suites, snug apartments on a backdrop of beautiful gardens, cool mountain breeze and surrounded by seemingly endless mountain ranges. Starlight Chalet & Health Spa is famous for its endemic birds, mountains, gardens and for absolute relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starlight Chalet & Health Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Chalet & Health Hotel Blue Mountains National Park
- Starlight Chalet And Health Spa
- Starlight Chalet & Health Spa Jamaica/Blue Mountains National Park