“Best Experience Ever!!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Dreamy Haven

Spacious free parking
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Spacious free parking
Relax by the pool in the middle of winter
Bathroom
Bathroom with unique modern fixtures
Stairs leading to bedroom
Stairs leading up to bedroom
Dining area leading out to balcony
Dining area
Fully-equipped kitchen
Fully-equipped kitchen
Nearby grocery store
Nearby supermarket and dual currency ATM (US & JA)
Local craft store
Horseback riding on the beach
Runaway Garden -great for picnics!
Runaway Garden
Runaway Bay Golf Club
Runaway Bay Golf Club
Giant Waterfall
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dominique...
Kingston Parish, Jamaica
“Best Experience Ever!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I can honestly say that I had the best experience ever! I have stayed at Dreamy haven before, and have always found it to be all you could ever need. The apt is great, the grounds are great, the pool is great, and the owners are just the best!!. I have made this apt my home away from home.It would be so great if I could buy it but the owner won't sell it! LOL!

karenpd28
London, United Kingdom
“Accomodation more than expected”
Reviewed April 25, 2017 for a stay in July 2016

Thanks for making my stay just wonderful. The Dreamy Haven apartment really exceedes my expectation. The location was ideal for me as I had access to nearby amenities and could get to the beach in addition to your outdoor pool. Ocho Rios is just nearby as well with lots of attractions and shopping.

The apartment is fully equipped for full comfort more than staying at a hotel since I could also cook my own meals and have lots of space and privacy. I really felt at home and the complex was quiet with all the other guests staying there as well.
I wouldn't hesitate to book again and am certainly recommending Dreamy Haven apartment to my family and friends. Very good service!

Apr 26, 2017
Thanks for your kind review. We really try our best to ensure that our guests have the best time possible.

Jacqui
Ann-Marie...
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome, comfortable, more than worth the price and well worth the stay”
Reviewed February 7, 2017 for a stay in July 2016

The location is quite good and easily accessible to required amenities and attractions. Pool onsite is a big plus and the beach nearby when we need some sand time. Grocery supermarket just around the corner and restaurants nearby if you decide not to cook.

The management is very friendly, ensuring all is well and always available for any help needed. The apartment is very clean and big. All in all, nothing to complain about. Its my second time at this apartment and will surely be booking to come again. Have already recommended to my friends and family. I encourage you to make it your choice.

Kingston Parish, Jamaica
Reviewed January 31, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Your age range 35-49
Feb 1, 2017
Thanks for your kind review. Hope you will come again.
Oliver Y
“Guest”
Reviewed November 7, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Place was safe pretty much as advertised you got what you paid for.It's the quintessential Jamaican down home experience .My two cousins and I was in JA to attend a funeral ,stay there over the last weekend of October 2016. #ConstructiveCriticism:The bathroom sink could be cleaner it's transparent so you know that there's no hiding any imperfections,also a upgrade on the shower would be good "management need to pay attention to that in the future" . Wi-Fi never worked ,or maybe it's something we were doing wrong? The iron doesn't work well keeps shutting off wetting the clothing when you try to use it "shorting out" ,also the couch downstairs need replacing or reupholstering, not cool ,"first impression last ". Management however,did checked in on more than one occasion to make sure we were OK which I appreciated,thank you. We stayed in the last day, Sunday into Monday when we left ,cooked ,had a good time relaxing .It was all cool, we got used to the surroundings and wouldn't mind staying a few more days. Away from the above minor inconsistencies I would say it's pretty much a good place to stay. Again,everything as advertise pretty much.

PS:One other thing that was not cool,was those mouthwatering roasting bread fruits on the tree that we couldn't get .LOL

Oliver.

Nov 9, 2016
Hi Oliver! Thanks for your review. As I had explained to your cousin when he arrived, the sofa bed had been damaged by previous guests and I purchased a new one. However the company was not able to deliver it before you guys arrived, and I appolized for this. There is nothing wrong with the WiFi, you most likely did not use the correct password. Had you informed me I would have given you the correct password, which is actually on the modem and in the information booklet. I have made the necessary changes you recommended, including getting a new iron. Again had you brought this to my attention I would have replaced it then as there was no problem with it before. However, as with all electronic equipment, I know things can go wrong at any time. Thanks for choosing Dreamy Haven and do come again!
Getaway55...
“disappointing experience! place was run down, looked better in pic, needed cleaning on on arrival! Shower did not work”
Reviewed October 20, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The shower and hot water pump was broken on arrival so could not have a proper shower till the next evening! We notified the owner Jacqui and she promptly had someone fix the problem the next day. Looks like the place was not properly cleaned after the last guests left reportedly two days before our arrival. The toilet seat was cracked, futon sofa in living room under the stairs was ripped in several areas and not that comfortable for sleeping on. The towels provided were old and ragged as well as bed linen. We tried checking out the next day after a disappointing first day but was told no refunds for unused nights so ended making the most of our four nights stay at $68/night. Tried contacting TripAdvisor to no avail. Place is OK for a bunch of broke college students who don't mind a messy, rundown place. Personally this place was not worth the money but on a positive note the AC in the attic bedroom did work, otherwise it would have been unbearable! Not sure what would happen if the power went out and no AC or fan though?. Good idea for future guests to inquire about same. Loved the fact that it's a gated place with 24hr security on site, though we usually had to wait few mins for them to come and open the gate to get in and out. Jamaica is beautiful though so that made up for the not so lovely accommodation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location was not bad
Liked least: no shower or hot water on arrival
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Oct 22, 2016
It has been my experience that when people do not want to pay for services they find all kind of excuses and negative things to say. On the day you arrived, you indicated that you wanted to check out earlier than planned as you wanted to spend more time with your family. You told me that that only problem was that the tv did not appear to be working. It turned out that nothing was wrong with the tv, you just did not put it on the right channel in order to get the cable. You later admitted that the tv was working. You did not say anything about the shower and water heater not working at that time, you said there was NO OTHER PROBLEM. It was not until the following day that you informed me that the shower and water heater was not working properly, and I had them fixed with 3 hours. If they were not working on arrival and I had been informed then, I would have had them fixed immediately. They were working just fine before, and the guests who stayed just prior to you had no complaints. I have no control over when these things may break down. You wondered what would happen if there was no power hence no a/c or fan. Well the same thing that would happen if power went at your home. This is a private apt, not a hotel, and is advertised as such. I contacted you on more than one occasions after you checked in and you said you had no further problems. At no time did you complain of old ragged linen, and in fact an extra bed was provided for you in the bedroom, at no extra cost, so that there was no need to sleep on the sofabed.
You were also provided with your own gate key so that you did not need to wait on the security to let you in and out. Why did you not use it?
As I said, you had indicated at the time of arrival that you wanted to check out early to spend time with your family. You wanted to be refunded for the nights not spent. It was only after been told that that was not possible as when guests book a place, those dates are unavailable to other potential dates, hence if you check out earlier there is no refund. All this is in the cancellation policy on the website, and was sent to you at the time of booking. It was only after been told this that you tried to use the fact that the showerhead and water heater was not working initially as the reason for wanting to check out early. You complain about the placed not been cleaned properly, yet you could not be specific about what was not cleaned. The placed was thoughly cleaned the day before your arrival by a professional cleaner.
None of my previous guests have had any complaints, and I have had many guests. I would suggest that in future you read the cancellation policies as well as other policies of any place you choose to stay before booking and not use excuses for not paying for services you requested. Nevertheless, I apologize for your disappointment.
Hattie T
Denver, Colorado
“Very Enjoyable!”
Reviewed April 12, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This was a very positive experience from booking through checkout. The owner, Jacqui, is very friendly and "down to earth". She is concerned, responsive, and personable. This is my second experience with her and she provided exceptional customer service each time. This time she went above and beyond my expectations to get a second set of keys to us. Other rental owners have politely said 'No" when duplicate keys were not on site. Also, she checked in on us to make sure we were comfortable.
Jacqui’s apartment is clean, attractive, well-appointed, and comfortable. She provides toiletries and every kitchen appliance one might need. Her shower is great! In fact the entire bathroom is nice. The bedroom is my favorite place. No... Maybe it’s her kitchen. Suffice it to say, it is a lovely unit. I look forward to my next visit.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The owner, location, pool, landscaped garden view, balcony, cleanliness, decor, A/C, hot water, and Michael/security staff.
Liked least: Laundry facility; clothes line provided for drying laundry but it rained every day.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing