We have just returned from the Gran Bahia Principe in Jamaica and was most appalled by the service and attitude of the staff in the resort.
This is where the nightmare began on 2 July 2007. On arrival to Montego Bay airport, we were faced with a 3.5hr travel journey in an non air conditioned coach to the resort. The reason for this was due to the roads being pulled up in Montego Bay - what an isore this was and very tiring too by the time we arrived at the resort in Runaway Bay.
On our arrival, we spent approx. 30mins checking in. On arrival to our room, we were very thirsty and opened the mini bar to find it empty!
The food in the buffet restaurant was luke warm and having to queue every morning, lunch and evening for food is totally unacceptable in my experience. The staff were extremely rude, making you wait a good 15 mins before they even served you a drink. Again, this was unacceptable. It should be specified correctly too that you are only allowed to use the restaurants on site (a la carte) 3 times a week.
I would also like to make others aware that on our second night, we got broken into whilst asleep in our bed - when we reported this to the General Manager, he did not seem at all interested and said he would speak to the Security and get this looked into. By the time we left for the UK, this had still not be resolved.
Also, a frequent occurance was the toilet overflowing. This seemed a general problem.
It seems there is also a racial issue as my boyfriend was confronted in the Grill restaurant as to not being allowed to wear shorts when across the other side of the room, was a black male wearing shorts! Surely there should be one rule for all! This issue should be addressed.
I could go on and on but to be honest, I am just glad I am back home in luxury and wished I had never of wasted my money on such a holiday. No way is this a 5 star resort, it should be given no more than 3 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay