We were there from 3/25 to 4/1, with our 2 small children. We had a fantastic time. This resort is absolutely beautiful. White marble everywhere. The amount of money they must have put into building this place must have been phenomenal.
We had booked Club Golden, so were given a very nice suite in building 18 on the 4th floor. Beautiful view of the beach. For us it
was worth it with the Club Golden. You get a better room location, free internet access, and 24-hour room service. Of course, we didn't really have to pay any extra for it, so it was a good deal. The 24-hour room service was nice when you have 2 little ones. Although the menu was extremely limited (5-6 items). If this hotel plans on being a 5-star resort, they need to expand their room-service menu. It's the little things that make a place a 5-star and unfortunately this place lacks some of the little things. If it wasn't bad enough that they only had 5-6 items on the menu, when I asked for a grilled cheese sandwich for my son, I was given a hard time about it because it wasn't on the menu. They had ham and cheese sandwich, I just asked
them to leave off the ham and grill the sandwich. I literally had to beg them to get it. They said they would get into trouble for straying from the menu! I just wanted to mention this, but it was truly a minor problem for me. All the positives far outweighed any negatives.
The buffets were fantastic. I've never seen better selections at any other all-inclusives. The seafood a la carte wasn't great. Don Pablo's was excellent. With the Club Golden, we could've had 4 a la cartes but it was just too difficult with 2 little ones. They did have babysitting services but we don't feel comfortable leaving our children with complete strangers in a foreign country. The kids' club
was not fully operational when we were there. The week prior to our arrival, they had had such torrential rain that the kids' club was under water, so they'd moved it to a room off the lobby. It wasn't air-conditioned and it had a table with about 30 board games, a movie
was played, a few hula-hoops. They claimed that the AC was being fixed but it still wasn't after a week.
The pool was terrific. My kids had a blast every day. The beach wasn't the best I'd ever seen but it was nice. Never noticed any construction. They did install the soap dish in the shower on our second day there.
Over all, for the price I paid, I think the resort was wonderful. I don't know that I'd go if they decided to double the price in the future when everything is fully operational. Anyone who has worries about going now, don't. Go You'll have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay