13,455 results
All reviews grand bahia gold club jerk chicken don pablo the grill a la carte restaurants main buffet beach restaurant snack bar nude beach orchid buffet dolce vita japanese restaurant beautiful resort room safe air transat towel hut
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have just returned from this resort. Enjoyed every bit of it. We tried all the restaurants for dining-- all of them were very good. I would like to mention the Dolce Vita- the Italian restaurant was the best. Drinks were ( only local) were good. If you would like better drinks you have to buy. The beaches were clean- lucky to have very good weather. Over all experience was very good.

Date of stay: September 2019
BahiaPrincipeJamaica, Online Reputation Coordinator at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest:

On behalf of all the Management and team members at the Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

It is indeed a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort; your kind words have been shared with the team, they were happy to know they continue to create memorable experiences with our valued guests.

May I use this opportunity to thank you again for choosing Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica to be your holiday destination in the Caribbean.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable retreat to our sunny island.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Kerry and the crew are outstanding... the food was excellent and great customer service...they could teach the others a thing or two about how to make guests feel welcome...Zaheef...the jerk chicken is world class...

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Rose G

Dear Guest:

We really appreciate you taking the time to send your valuable comments about your stay with us as it helps to improve the quality service at our hotel.

I am happy to know that you chose us for your stay, while on vacation at our beautiful resort. However, it is a pity that we have not exceeded your expectations; please accept our sincere apologies, as it certainly does not reflect the commitment and the quality that we have exhibited for many years.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been forwarded to the head of the relevant departments, so they can take the necessary corrective and preventive actions. We appreciate the comments and suggestions of each and every one of our guests, we see them as opportunities to continue working towards improving our product, quality and services.

We are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future to experience our new services.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nicole & Veniesha from the Privilege Club have an excellent customer friendly approach. And also a beautiful young lady at the front desk of Luxury Bahia Principle by the name of Shaneese. She helped to book my husband and I for a dinner reservation. These Ladies are a few of the workers who I can say have excellent customer service. The majority of the staff are unprofessional. Overall experience was okay, not the best I must say.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start with: I will come back.

The goods
Easy check in (arrived at 3pm?) And the whole bus was going to Bahia. As soon as we arrived we were brought to meeting room. Welcomed. Given our wristbands and keys and a brief overview from our Air Canada rep with another meeting in the am - which we didn't go to. Also! When we reached the Room, it was READY with a crib as requested!!! Lord. Out of the last three resorts: azul fives, Mayan Riviera, Pullman cayo Coco and here...this was the only time I didn't have to re-ask for the blasted crib!!!!!!! Azul gave me a bottle sterilizer and a baby bath tub....why not the crib??? (Love it there btw!!)

The bar people in the pool were meh. Outside of the pool, GREAT, LOBBY BAR, GREAT. They remembered u, your kids, etc. I like being remembered.

Restaurant staff- majority of the wait staff ESPECIALLY Anjaa In the buffet and dj Juan at the jerk chicken resto, awesome. There were also many other ladies who were great but never introduced themselves and I ddn wanna ask.

Our first room cleaning lady was sweet, attentive, remembered it was my birthday. The first in suite bar restocker was great too.

The water park was perfect for my almost 5 year old daughter. And my 1 yr old cld also play in the water.

The beach/bay, calm clean awesome. Yes there were a few people selling stuff. Yes there was a raft in the water selling GOOD homestyle food: fish lobster patties etc. But not a big deal; be nice. Say no thank u. Be courteous. The end.

Our room view was directed to the water park, we were able to see them wash n hose it down every morning and night. I was happy with the cleanliness.

THE FOOD was great. Lots of selection for us and the kids. Curry goat n chicken were almost always available (which is great) yam, callaloo, rice n peas, stewed peas, fried chicken were plentiful and yummmmm. Bc of the previously mentioned 4 n 1 yr old i didn't care to try the a la carts and I was not interested in jamaicas's take on Japanese and Italian and whatever the other options were lol.

The hospitality was good. Buttttt could be better - 4 outta 5 and NOT higher. I work in client care... I can't do more than 4.

The BADS
Not attentive enough.
Does not pay enough attn to detail.

On day 2 we noticed water at our front entrance n we thought we dragged water in. But it was actually a leak from the room above. We advised the house keeper. And then dialed O as she recommended. They said they'd send someone. When we reached, the water was wiped up so no problems. Until the next day. We called again. And we told the supervisor of housekeeping just she was walking around n bc she asked how everything was. I know it wasn't housekeeping's responsibility but the people on the other line of 0....

Day 3 after 3 reminders by my spouse, who asked for a 'happy birthday' thing on the door. Never happened. I don't care, but when he's trying to plan something, it's disappointing for him which then makes me sad, and wasn't a big deal for them to do since we probly saw 20 others as we walked around ....

Day 4 the kids fell asleep so we utilized room service. The menu in our room was apparently the old menu so she had to read the new menu over the phone. She said she'd send a new menu up but that never happened. They brought 2 pasta entres. That's all. We ordered 3 things a sandwich for our 4yo and the two entrees. They missed the kid's food. Not a smart idea Bahia, not smart at all. Why wasn't I super upset? BC I didn't think she was going to wake up anyway, and she didn't till morning, so it ended up fine.

Day 5 we only got 2 bath towels. Asked house keeping who said she'd return. Nope. Another lady came later to do inventory of beach towels and told her our predicament. Said she'd make a call. Nope. So day 5 n 6 we had 2 bath towels vs 4.

So is there room for improvement??? Yup. But food was great, cleanliness was great. Hospitality was PRETTY good. My kids were happy, our bellies were very full, what more can I ask for???

So there u have it!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank FAYTHFUL

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

resort itself is in a great location and has all the amenities one would need but could make it's guests a lot happier if they could change a couple things the pool closes at 7 p.m. which is completely insane!! I was not on the adult side and I think I will next time providing that that's not the case on the adult side, and the nude beach should be on the adult side not on the family side where you have to pass through the children's playground. And probably the most disappointing of all is that the staff either subconsciously or trained seem to service White's before they service others. I plan on following up on that with the tourist industry..

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BahiaPrincipeJamaica, Online Reputation at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Sabrina Walters