Just got back from Gran bahia Principe. We stayed there from the 27th of March to the 3rd of April and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Mind you that it's probably not a 5 star but I'd give it a 4 to 4.5. The grouds are very well kept and this place is very big so be prepared to walk. The beach on the far left is beautiful, not the bigest beach I've seen but it's fine to my standard. The beach in front of the resort is man made and is rocky. Pool is huge and very nice, 2 pool bars. Didn't spend to much time there so I could tell you how was the service. Restaurants...Italian we didn't like but Grill and Mikado was very good. Buffet was fine, we always found something that we liked and same for the restaurant at the beach. Jerk chicken was terrific...If you go, this is something you have to try!!
There is some shops on the resorts...prices are about the same has in Ochos Rios...maybe a little higher but the don't take any prices at face value...everything is bargaineable in Jamaica.
Overall service was good and I don't have much to complained about. Our room was well cleaned everyday.
To resume this resort....for a good price this resort is very good and I would probably go back if I can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay