Big and beautiful! We went for beach and sun - no problem. Great layout, awesome landscaping, huge pool, beaches were nice. Buffet was awesome, but wouldn’t go to the on-site reservation restaurants again. For the most part the staff was very friendly, but we noticed the staff working the three reservation restaurants had attitude problems. We were treated like they were doing us a favour by serving us!
Things were going good until the power started going out. Not once, but on and off for two days. This is when my wife got here fingers slammed in a door in the pitch black. No explanation or "sorry for the inconvenience was ever posted. Then there was the little problem of unreliable water pressure for 2 days. When the water worked it was either all hot no cold or the other way around. - once again no explanation. When we tried to call the front desk they wouldn’t answer. Like I said we went for sun and sand and that was great.
For the price we paid I didn’t expect 5 star treatment so we got what we paid for. Our stay for the most was really good.......not really great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay