When arriving at the Hotel it is Grand and Gorgeous...but we went to Jamaica to experience Jamaica and it's culture and it's food. But got instead Spanish/Dominican Flavor. The animation team is Hispanic felt like I was back in Dominican if I wanted that feeling I would of gone back to Dominican. We were in Jamaica to hear the sounds of Jamaica. The food was not Jamaican..couldn't get a Jamaican Patti for lunch or dinner, or snack! Plantin they had it a couple of morning and it was not cooked right...they cooked a green plantin instead of riped. If not riped it's not sweet and soft. The chef is Spanish so he has no idea how Jamaican's cook! The food was like eating at a hospital. The Best Night was when the Jamaican's entertained. Now that was Jamaican!
Stairs and long distance walks to get anywhere. The sand what sand it was rocks! Hurt the feet!
The best food there that was authentic Jamaican was the BBQ at lunch JERK CHICKEN, PORK that was to die for! But the Hotel is run by Hispanics and the Jamaicans just work there and they work so many hours some work for 15 hours a day! For $10 a day...that is sad. We then stayed for one night at the Sandals Royalle and it WAS JAMAICAN HOSPITALITY, FOOD, EVERYTHING!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay