We returned from this resort earlier this week.
This is my honest opinion on our holiday.
The Resort : it's very big, lots to explore, lots of restraunts, multiple buffets, bars, shops, entertainment, a large pool & a beach broken into 2/3 sections. The resort is very well represented, beautiful trees & plants and immaculate lawns. The lobby is very grand looking which you can also get an hours free wifi in per day. However there's no games room ect here so after a few days it gets realy boring !
The room : average. Old fashioned, very large though with seating and a balcony. The bathroom was very tired and worn our shower stand fell off during a shower no screws holding it up just glued on?
The food : the beach side buffet Pisces ? Good food and quiet for lunch this is were you get your jerk chicken rice n peas and fried dumplings !! The a la cart were such a let down we luckily booked the show table in the jap which was fried rice ice cream soup and tempora ect and was lovely. The garden grill was disgusting, I couldn't stomach the sauce they'd drenched my meat in a concoction if BBQ sauce and white wine !!!? We are at the Buffett which was satisfactory burger chips chicken fajitas pasta fish rice curry ect breakfast was my fav bit ! Every type of batter entree you can think of , crepes , pancakes , French toast , waffles ect lots of American cereals lucky charms fruit loops ect omelettes bacon eggs you get the jist.
The pool is large enough to not feel busy, the beach is lovely and gets a nice breeze which is so needed as it's so ridiculously hot in Jamaica !
I was quite shocked at the price of things, it was so expensive a chocolate bar was £1.50 the trips where £70 each + we didn't do trips after hearing a few horror stories of tourists being bit by horses , hurting themselves and generally no safety regulations after all it is Jamaica , no problem mon !
We did try to leave the hotel to go to a local beach. Nightmare ! The receptionist in the lobby boasted about a beach when we got there we were told to walk through the next beach as the said beach was private but we'd get no hassle once there lol we walked past vendors in shanti huts until we reached the private beach after being hassled and followed to buy there things ! Then a security guard tells us we can't stay on this beach so we go to walk to the private beaches hotel reception to get a cab oh no not allowed, so after having a row about getting off this beach we were escorted to a back gate and a lifeguard flagged a cab down so we wasted around £40 to be humiliated all thanks to the silly girl on reception.
I'd also like to point out that don't be surprised to be expected to tip in the a la cartes with some serious attitude change if you don't!
Also watch the girl in the shop on the lower floor by the photo stand. We went into this shop regularly two bars of chocolate was $4 but the staff changed and she said $4 but then changed her mind asked for $4.50 my other half showed her his change he had she took his coins which didn't add to 50 cents and chucked them in a drawer whilst making the most revolting noise from her throat clearing all the flemb. Clearly she is pocketing money from the guests by over charging if management are reading this it is disgusting behaviour.
All in all I wouldn't return to Jamaica but that's my personal feelings towards it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay