Me and my wife, as well as another couple we are friends with went here last November. This was our first time to Jamaica and it was an awesome time. We did some excursions to dunn's falls, and the Bob Marley tour which were both excellent! As for this property I have the following to mentions...
Checkin and Service - check in went quick and everything for the most part was correct with our room although our friends did have several issues with no towels and other items. Service was lacking in some areas and some of the staff can be rude although most were fairly good. Towel issues reported previously (never any ready) were in full swing which I don't understand....buy more towels. We ended up reusing ours quite often.
Beach - nice beach although the sand isn't as nice as some other places I have been. Lots of room though and usually no problems finding loungers. The water was excellent and the views from the beach very nice. Also lots of places to get a drink nearby.
Pool - the pool was amazing although I am not much of a pool person, there was tons of room because of the large area it covers.
Food - found the buffet to be quite good for the most part, especially Jamaican night. My friend is vegetarian and she seemed to enjoy the different choices available. Nothing really to complain about the main buffet. The lunch buffet needed much better variety, and the jerk hut was amazing but constantly out of chicken. The a la cartes were just okay and unfortunately the service at the don Pablo was terrible!
The resort itself is beautiful and the entertainment was a mixed bag. The bars just ok. Overall a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay