I was married at the Gran Bahia Principe resort in Runaway Bay Jamaica, and I need to make other brides aware to ensure you don't get screwed over like I did! My issue is only related to the photography company and not the resort itself.
The wedding coordinator that looked after our wedding (Camecia) was absolutely amazing, she was so helpful and thoughtful through the entire process, and the photographer himself (Chris) was absolutely amazing too! My issue is with the actual photography company that is contracted through the resort.
I purchased the platinum package, which is to include photos taken in the room, at the ceremony, at the beach and 2 hours of the reception; they don't tell you that it's only the first 2 hours of the reception which was just our dinner. Sorry, I don't need 2 hours worth of pictures of people stuffing their faces. I had a dance at the gazebo which was to take place after the dinner, and I figured I'd be able to have an hour at the dinner and an hour at the reception, seeing as the package indicates 2 hours of the reception! I had to pay an addition $100.00 for the hour I wanted photos taken at the dance and when I asked the photography coordinator how many additional photos that would include, she told me none, that the additional $100.00 is for the photographers time only. So my question to her is, why would I pay an additional $100.00 (over and above the $800.00 I already paid for the package) to have additional photos taken to not get any additional photos, why would I pay extra to not receive extra photos........ here was the response I received:
"I will give you an additional 5 photos but that means the photographer is working for free for that hour" are you kidding me! Really?!
Here's the real kicker in all of this! After I paid $1,200.00 (considering the exchange from US to Canadian), I had a disk handed to me with no actual photos! So I'm wondering, how is it that when they hand a disk to you, with no prints actually printed that it works out to the photographer working for free for that hour!?! Secondly, I don't see why and how it matters if you take 80 pictures or 400 pictures (that they make you choose the 80 from) when it's all digital! They are copying and pasting photos to a disk they are providing you anyway, so how does the quantity matter!
Here's the next issue... They sit you down to go through about 300 to 400 photos and you can only chose what your package allows, and if you want anything over and above the allowable amount of photos stated in your package, they want $11.00 per photos! Again, this isn't for prints, they actually want $11.00 a photo to copy and paste to the disk they are already providing you! And if you say that you want your own photographer, or that you have a guest that wants to do the pictures for you as a wedding gift, they make you pay an $800.00 vendor fee!
This is absolutely ridiculous and not a good end to what was supposed to be a spectacular time in your life. You have the wedding coordinator that goes out of her way to make things magical, you have a fantastic photographer that captures every incredible moment, then you have the photography coordinator that pulls you down off your cloud and stomps on you! And to have the edacity of saying the photographer is working for free just because I want additional photos for additional time I'm paying for!! How are digital photos going to take away from paying the photographer!
it makes me disgusted that this photography company can be so slimy and take such advantage!! It really leaves a bad taste in your mouth after fighting for additional photos, to pay $1200.00 for photography service and have a disk handed to you at the end of it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay