This was our first tip to Jamaica and since we always like to splurge when we travel, we purchased the upgraded travel package which included a stay in the Don Pablo - highly recommended! Not only did we get an ocean front room on a higher floor, we also had access to a Butler, 24hr room service and a section of the pool that meant we could get drink service direct to our cabana (with more premium alcohol). Plus, you can order bottles of wine to your room - convenient when you want a morning Mimosa! The Don Pablo lounge also offered an air-conditioned, wi-fi enabled area to check email (or update Facebook!), complete with, yet again, a bar serving premium alcohol. If you can swing it, definitely do it!
While there are definite disparities in the level of service you will receive, David (one of the resort's supervisors) is the absolute best and the resort could benefit from training their other employees to emulate his standard of excellence in customer service. Each AM he checked in on us, bringing fresh fruit, toast, and a bottle of bubbles and was always available to answer questions and offer suggestions on what to do.
Overall, the food is pretty good - be sure to check out the Jerk Chicken on the beach for lunch and the teppanyaki experience at Mikado is always fun.
My last piece of advice would be to tip, you will definitely receive better service if you throw down a couple of bucks every now and then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay